Have you attended a worship service on board?

parentsof5

We will have our first sea day on a Sunday and will have a worship time for our family. We would like to invite others to join us that would be interested.

I wondered if you have attended a worship how did you find out about it and what time was it held. We are thinking 10 - not too early, but not too late in the morning.

John Heald has agreed to forward information to the ship so a room can be arranged and it can be included in the Fun Times.

Thanks for any experiences you can share.

Sounds great! It would be nice if John could arrange a room with a view of God's creation during the study. Your efforts are truly appreciated. For many cruises, I have sat on deck on Sunday morning and viewed the splendor of the sea, the sun and the sky and had a one person worship and thanksgiving service.

Captain Ronn

Sounds great! It would be nice if John could arrange a room with a view of God's creation during the study. Your efforts are truly appreciated. For many cruises, I have sat on deck on Sunday morning and viewed the splendor of the sea, the sun and the sky and had a one person worship and thanksgiving service.

Captain Ronn

If there was a 'like' tab I would hit it! sometimes a service for one is enough

If there was a 'like' tab I would hit it! sometimes a service for one is enough

I was thinking the exact same thing. I always go looking for the like button as if I am on facebook or another type of forum. lol.

To the OP, I think if you make it a non-denominational time of worship/prayer you will find that you will have a decent amount of interest.

Good luck and cheers to you.

My husband is planning a non-denominational service.

Any song suggestions? I am going to try and select several and have them printed off on paper to help, but we thought if we could pick some that "everyone" knows it would help. My husband is not a song leader, so it would be helpful if people know the songs. There are some that I love, but I don't know if there would be familiar to a range of people. For sure I was thinking about songs like "It is Well with My Soul", "How Great Thou Art", "Our God, He is Alive" but there are some "Not" "Oldies" like "Be Still and Know", "Awesome God" "Shine Jesus Shine" that I love but maybe aren't as familiar. Any thoughts on that?

My husband is planning a non-denominational service.

Any song suggestions? I am going to try and select several and have them printed off on paper to help, but we thought if we could pick some that "everyone" knows it would help. My husband is not a song leader, so it would be helpful if people know the songs. There are some that I love, but I don't know if there would be familiar to a range of people. For sure I was thinking about songs like "It is Well with My Soul", "How Great Thou Art", "Our God, He is Alive" but there are some "Not" "Oldies" like "Be Still and Know", "Awesome God" "Shine Jesus Shine" that I love but maybe aren't as familiar. Any thoughts on that?

Those are not non-denominational. Unless you mean only non-denominational Christianity. If you search Google for non-denominational prayers you will see that they are not just Christian prayers.

Those are not non-denominational. Unless you mean only non-denominational Christianity. If you search Google for non-denominational prayers you will see that they are not just Christian prayers.

Sunday morning to me denotes a Christian service.

I've attended a Friday night Shabbat service on HAL. That was nice. They provided Reform prayer books, challah, a new bottle of Manischewitz, candles (with matches:eek:) and a nice Oneg. Also have atttended Chanukah services on Carnival.

In the Paradise library I've seen 3 sets of religious books prayer books, one set Jewish and two sets of different (I'm assuming) Christian prayer books.

OP if it's your service do it the way you see fit for group. It's nice that you would like to open it up to others.

I've attended a Friday night Shabbat service on HAL. That was nice. They provided Reform prayer books, challah, a new bottle of Manischewitz, candles (with matches:eek:) and a nice Oneg. Also have atttended Chanukah services on Carnival.

Manischewitz? No, no, anything but that!!!!!

Especially that their are some fine kosher California wines available.

Manischewitz? No, no, anything but that!!!!!

Especially that their are some fine kosher California wines available.

Well not many would take the Manischewitz Concord. Maybe take a Baron Herzog Zin but not the Mani.

I think it's a wonderful idea and I would attend. I also equate Sunday service with Christianity, but just to be clear I'd specifiy in the Fun Times that it's a non-denominational Christian service.

By the way, I don't know any of those songs by name. Maybe if I heard them....

Well not many would take the Manischewitz Concord. Maybe take a Baron Herzog Zin but not the Mani.

You got it.

Have you tried Israeli wines recently? They have come a long way since Carmel Adom Atik and Carmel Hock.

But you should be aware, if it's important to you, that they are not all kosher, and very few of the kosher ones are mevushal.

Captain Ronn

I have done this myself many times. The view from a balcony is so beautiful, how can you not give thanks.

Sunday morning to me denotes a Christian service.

There are/will be Jewish holidays that fall on Sunday as well. Hopefully Carnival will take that into consideration when planning worship services on those dates.

Does anyone know if the Carnival Dream will hold an Easter Sunday Service. I am a Lay Eucharistic Minister in the Episcopal Diocese of Georgia, and would love to attend a worship service onboard.

There are/will be Jewish holidays that fall on Sunday as well. Hopefully Carnival will take that into consideration when planning worship services on those dates.

If guests ask and plan for such meetings Carnival will. It has nothing to do with denomination. anyone can arrange for group gatherings and meetings and if they can accommodate you they will.:)

Thanks for the input. It just goes to show the same words don't mean the same thing to everyone. Non-denominational to me is no denominational affiliation with an "organized" Christian church such as Baptist, Methodist, etc.

I will make sure that is clear, although everyone would be welcome, but sure wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

for those who plan services (and are ordained) you may want to check out pastors at sea. They orgainize pastors on various cruise lines (NCL is a big one, I've never known them to be on Carnival). If you register with them (there are some requirements) you can cruise for free. You do have to be on call throughout the cruise and plan/run Bible study, prayer meeting, etc. as agreed upon by pastor and cruise director. For some time now I've been trying to convince Carnival to take part. They will allow you to "host" a service and give you a room. Be prepared to bring your own music, Bibles, etc. They can be hard to find on board.

There are many lounges/discos not in use in the am. What was interesting was that on the Paradise it was a set of High Holy Day prayer books.

Menorahs are usually placed in the Atrium for all to enjoy.

Does anyone know if the Carnival Dream will hold an Easter Sunday Service. I am a Lay Eucharistic Minister in the Episcopal Diocese of Georgia, and would love to attend a worship service onboard.

Call Carnival and see if anything is in place.

Some lines do have services and other have services only if someone will volunteer. There was a good discussion on the HAL board a year or so ago about various religious services.

I've been on several cruises during the Easter time and they always have some kind of service and often two different one. One year on Princess we had a Priest who did the entire holy week and there was also a non denomination service.

Archived