Tijon damaged in Irma??

carmel

As a surprise, I bought my girls and my husband a perfume making experience at Tijon when we were in St Martin this past July. My girls fell in love with the place and the couple who ran it. On our B2B/14 days at sea, this was their favorite port/stop.

My girls have begged me to ask if anyone knows how Tijon or the couple who ran it did through the hurricane.

While my two older daughters and husband made perfume, my 6 yr old and I walked down to the beach right behind the 'community meat cooker/BBQ' (sorry for the horrid description but it was the best I could do). My youngest dubbed it the 'Magic Beach'. She is a sea glass fan and we spent an amazing 2 hours with our masks and snorkels finding sea glass. It hurts my heart to see photos now and I was not directly affected. I can't imagine the devastation of those who lost everything.

We have been to St Maarten/Martin many, many times. Even though I don't know the names, I can still see the faces of our taxi drivers, the people who served us lunch, the ones who rented us umbrellas...........I can only hope that they have the strength and support to make it through the coming days.

Thanks for any info anyone might have about Tijon.

• 1 month later...