Anyone done Whale Watching with NCL in Jan/Feb/March?

BBcruiser14

Hey everyone

So their seems to be only two whale watching charters in Dominica that I've seen.

But has anyone done it with Norwegian? Thoughts? We'll be there in Feb on the Breakaways and I'm wondering if it's any good. Whale Watching is on my bucket list :confused:

Cheers guys

Haven't with ncl, but just got back with princess. The charter they used was dive Dominica. I was worried that the end of March we'd see nothing, but we actually saw humpbacks and pilot whales, plus two pods of dolphins. I thought it was worth it. Check which charter NCL uses. Since there's only a couple in Dominica they might use the same one. We also did another trip with them snorkeling on champagne reef and I really liked them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Did Whale & Dolphin watching in January with Celebrity.

Was really great and saw both whales and dolphins.

We did it by large inflatable boat I think it was called a RIB boat. That added to the fun.

We would do it again if we are back some day in Dominica. Highly Recommended!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone

So their seems to be only two whale watching charters in Dominica that I've seen.

But has anyone done it with Norwegian? Thoughts? We'll be there in Feb on the Breakaways and I'm wondering if it's any good. Whale Watching is on my bucket list :confused:

Cheers guys

We did it thru NCL during the early part of this past February while on the Breakaway. It was recommended to us by a fellow role call member that had done it the previous year and was repeating the excursion. This was not a "newer boat" but it was well maintained, the crew was helpful with both offering information and answering questions. There is a upper (no shade) & lower deck and some additional open seating in the bow. You are traveling fairly far out - depending on where they are located, which was one of the main reasons we felt more comfortable using the NCL excursion.

We had three good sighting with one being a mother and her calf and we enjoyed watching porpoises travel along with us on our way back to the ship.

The only con I felt was that the boat was a bit overbooked, but that was done by NCL - and is common when using the ships excursions. We were happy with the overall experience and would consider doing it again. Hope this helps - Linda