Can cruise be joined later?

Mrs Miggins

My sister is booked on P & O from Soouthampton this weekend. Her son has been re admitted to hospital following an emergency appendicitis operation last week as he may now have an abscess.

Does anyone know if it is possible to embark at a port further into the 14 day cruise for example Gibralter or Barcelona? It seems such a shame that they may miss the complete 14 days. By the way the son is 22 and not on the cruise but my sister is naturally worried.

Thank you.

I have seen instances before where people have been allowed to join at a later stage but the passenger has had to advise the cruise line as soon as possible that this might happen and then take it from there. If they are booked through a travel agent they should be able to help her make the arrangements.

Yes you can as we have done it in the past. My wife had a panic attack and we missed the boat from Southampton. My sister was onboard and informed them we would fly out and join the boat at the first port of call which was Barcelona. When we got there they were expecting us and it was really easy and we were in our cabin relatively quickly. Just give customer services a call and they will sort it out for you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived