Is this do-able?? (cayo Laventado)

dolfn11

Does anyone know if the "swim w/ sea lions" excursion, which includes a trip to the beach, end up at the same beach as the people who book just the Cayo Laventado Beach trip??

Also, if anyone has done the "swim w/ sea lions" things, do they allow you to go and just watch without participating(and paying)??

ANy info would be great!

Thanks,

Sharon

Sorry, I just did the Cayo Laventado excursion so don't have any info about the other excursion. Just curious, are these sea lions in captivity? It would seem so from the description.

I don't think you will be able to just watch for free. Every excursion costs money. You might be able to go on your own, but I'm pretty sure there would be an admission charge, like Sea World.

Does anyone know if the "swim w/ sea lions" excursion, which includes a trip to the beach, end up at the same beach as the people who book just the Cayo Laventado Beach trip??

Also, if anyone has done the "swim w/ sea lions" things, do they allow you to go and just watch without participating(and paying)??

ANy info would be great!

Thanks,

Sharon

Yes, we did this in March. The four kids did the sea lions, hubby and I just met them on the beach. While we didn't ask to tag along, it was VERY close by, and I think we could have gone and watched if we tried. When you get off the tender from the ship, the sea lions desk was on the walk to the beach. My daughter is a Marine Mammology major with internships with sea lions and seals, and she thought it was actually very cool. She was concerned because this was not the natural habitat for the sea lions, but she said they were free, well cared for, and seemed extremely happy. She had no qualms with the program.

Robin

Thanks so much for your advice Fishbait & Ms. Belp....it's people like you that make these boards the greatest!! You really do get the answers you need to the questions you have!!

Sharon :)

I went on the Cayo beach excursion in March and happened to be walking on the beach when they were doing the sea lion excursion. I actually was able to sit down and watch for a bit while relaxing on the beach. I might have a picture...I'll have to look through the zillion pictures I have and try to find it for you.

Archived