Help me through the Panama Canal - the in's and out's

That would be a very beautiful cruise.

Thank you all for much help. Any other last suggestions as to a specific stateroom number appreciated. I've decided I must have a deck. I'll borrow the silly money - I don't want to but.....

I need to get this wrapped up.

If you're going for a balcony, I'd go for 7137. It's mid ship and close to the elevator. I'd prefer deck 7 over deck 6 because you're farther away from both the lifeboat view and the smoking deck.

Hi Randy...

I trust that you will make your best decision. To help confuse you further, I will just toss the panama cruise we are taking April 2015.... it is a 19 night cruise on NCL Jewel that sails out of Houston... so we plan to fly from Seattle to Hobby Airport and it is a much shorter flight than Miami...I do not tolerate long flights too well. The cruise then ends in Seattle..so only a short flight home for you :).

We certainly have sailed with other cruise lines and the money that we are saving by going with NCL is significant...and I am hard pressed to believe the food is that much better ( like $1500) PP better ??? This makes it an affordable long cruise for us. I personally believe it is all about attitude and not the cruise line :) I cannot in all fairness comment on how well those with severe disabilities are accommodated, but from what I have read on some NCL boards, it is certainly not the worse either. I wish you an awesome cruise either way, and should you consider and or even decide to book...we already have a roll call started and we would love to welcome you aboard...

Thank you Huggs. I will consider it. I'm in Montana a 10 to 12 hour drive to Seattle. I'd fly out of Missoula MT to DEN, SLC, MINN then onto my destination.

I agree when comparing the costs. I hear and read such bad reviews about NCL and my TA has not recommended them at all and yes most of it's food related. I'm a picky eater or should say I like my food plain or just blahhh like a little kid no yucky stuff... to other adults I have boring taste buds so I doubt I'd complain. I go for the ride and don't need my hand held I enjoy just looking.

But this forum and my Travel Agent say otherwise.

I need to look at this roll call that you and others refer to...

Thank you all very much again,

Randy

Thank you Huggs. I will consider it. I'm in Montana a 10 to 12 hour drive to Seattle. I'd fly out of Missoula MT to DEN, SLC, MINN then onto my destination.

I agree when comparing the costs. I hear and read such bad reviews about NCL and my TA has not recommended them at all and yes most of it's food related. I'm a picky eater or should say I like my food plain or just blahhh like a little kid no yucky stuff... to other adults I have boring taste buds so I doubt I'd complain. I go for the ride and don't need my hand held I enjoy just looking.

But this forum and my Travel Agent say otherwise.

I need to look at this roll call that you and others refer to...

Thank you all very much again,

Randy

You are most welcome Randy. Everyone has their own opinions on cruise lines. I remember everyone telling us how wonderful RCCL was...and to be honest with you...was not our favorite cruise. The food was no where near as good as Carnival, but yes at times better than NCL. We found the passengers on our cruise ( an it may have just been that demographic for that cruise) somewhat rude and less friendly. That being said, trust your agent as she/he knows you best ...and I wish you nothing but an amazing cruise . I still say if food is not the biggest reason you cruise, then the price difference is really difficult to ignore !! The buffet choices on NCL are great and we plan to make this our most casual cruise ever... Hubby is very happy about that one. LOL

Take care and bon voyage :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on the Oasis twice in the last couple years, using a TA. Was able to book a 14th deck balcony, all grats paid, $150 OBC, a massage & dinner for two in one of the special restaurants. I feel that is much more than nominal (the second did not include the spa treatment) Have been on 26 cruises and have used TA on all of them

I am in the same room 8176. This will be a West to East cruise. I did like the advantages going from East to West like the time changes and once the cruise was over a shorter flight home.

I just hope it will work out.

Thank you all for the wonderful tips and suggestions offered.

Randy

• 9 months later...

Well due to my travel partner needing to be in college... both of our physical and financial situations I had to rebook this until 2016. Then this summer in frustration I was not doing the best physically I told them to cancel my 2016 booking. I'm kind of kicking myself now... I'm ready to go.

New or next plan... Do the Panama Canal East to West in 2017 unless I find a deal or handicapped room March/April 2016. I see NCL departs from Houston 18 nights through the canal up western USA and into Victoria Canada and back to Seattle to disembark.

That agenda is awesome as I live in Montana.

I would appreciate ANY input... please and thanks. I under stand NCL's rep and want feed back. Shorter flights before and after a Houston to Seattle cruise.

Otherwise it's Celebrity from Florida to California and more money.