Grand Cayman Terminals: Watler, North, South....or Dock?

KenCT

Very specific question here regarding the terminals at Grand Cayman. We are in port at 8 am and for our shore excursion have been notified to be at the meeting point at the entrance to the Royal Walter Terminal at 9. This is a short window of time in any case, but when I checked the Port Authority, I learned that there are 7 ships in that day - 4 to Royal Watler, and one each for North and South. For ours, it says "Dock." I know that all ships need to be tendered in, so what could "Dock" mean?

OK. Probably does mean tendering to the Cargo Dock.

A very, very few tiny specialty ships (liveaboard scuba dive vessel and such) can actually pull up and dock there rather than tendering ashore. Just wanted to be sure you were not on one of those.

I'm up early and hearing the VHF radio calls between Port Security and the incoming ships. Port Security told the Norwegian Escape they are tendering to the Cargo Dock. That seems to correspond with the listing on the Cayman Port website which simply days "Dock". So seems we have a confirmation.

And, as bookbabe noted, the terminals are very close. The cargo dock is immediately adjacent to the North Terminal. You just have to exit/return by a different gate in the fence.