Waimea Canyon

Casey2

We will be on the April 28, 2018 sailing of the POA. We would like to go to Waimea Canyon on our second day in Kauai. We will not be renting a car so we are looking for a tour. Both the ship's tour and Robert's tour are the same price. Does anyone know how much time is actually spent at the canyon and is there any difference in tours. We usually do not book ship tours, but since this is a short day, we were leaning toward the ship tour

Unless the listed total time of the tour is very different I doubt if there is much difference between them. There is only one road up at the main part and limited places to stop. There is a split in the road down low and many people go up one way and down the other, which affords a broad ocean view. We were there in August but had a car.

We did a tour to the Canyon with Princess. It was very very misty. We could hardly see the Canyon and it was right before our eyes. I think we spent 1/2 hour there in the misty rain. A waste basically. I believe the cost was $39 per person. Oh yes, we stopped somewhere else where chickens walking around was the attraction. Not really, it was a washroom break and there were chickens everywhere and people started taking pictures of them.