pre-paid card

vix2000

It could be a problem. My plan, if I were using a prepaid debit card would be to set up a cash account (which you don't have to fund until you reach a certain amount, maybe $500?) and then on the last day/night, to to GS and pay off the balance. I did this on my last cruise, except I actually did fund the account, and I was (incorrectly) told that my CC would only be authorized and charged for the ~$20 balance I had, but it was authorized for more (maybe $40, can't remember). Of course it all worked out after the cruise was over.

On the advanced passenger info I can only see an option for credit card or cash. I am wanting to use my pre-paid debit card. Will this be a problem? And how do I enter this as there is no other option? Thank you

I agree, I don't think they will take the card to secure the onboard account, but I believe they will take the card to pay off a cash account.

I have used a prepaid Visa on every cruise since Majesty. The only time I had problems was on Majesty. I thought I had lost my card (before putting money on it) and went to the bank to get a new one. Only problem is my name wasn't on it. It just said "valued customer". Opened a cash account and took money out of the ATM. No problem. On all my others, I put it in as a credit card on my check-in. Present the card at the pier. Works like a charm. I like doing it that way as I can put money on it over time.