Hosted singles cruises?

dwing18

I am considering a singles cruise for the end of the summer.

I have done a little research a have concluded that there are 2 major

singles cruise operators.

How can I get reviews of the operators without violating the rules of this platform.

I think that you are correct. There are two that are very big. I will be taking my sixth singles cruise on one, in Sept. 2009. It is a Mediterranean Cruise. I have never cruised with the other, but have heard good things about them. Just book a cruise with one and give it a try, I believe that you will have a great time.

I have cruised with both of the big singles cruise companies. Three times with one, and once with the other. They both offer the exact same product and I would choose the company that has the itinerary/ship that you would prefer. You will have a great time with either one.

CC

I agree with CC -- I've cruised with both operators and they both do a great job -- pick the ship and itinerary you like and go for it!! It's addicting -- I went on my first singles cruise in April 2006 and just completed my 6th cruise this past April :eek: Now considering another in October or maybe December . . . :rolleyes:

Christine

• 2 weeks later...

yeah. you're correct! It is the simple Mediterranean cruise vacation.There is nowhere else on earth where you can sample as many flavors, cultures and historic sites as you can on a Mediterranean cruise. Explore the region on cruises from Italy, France, Spain, or Greece. Experience the amazing scenery and rich cultures during your holiday on the Sea. And enjoy our fun guide to Mediterranean cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

It may cost a little more to go with a hosted singles group, but it is money very well spent in my opinion. Please give it a try, then see for yourself if it was worth the extra money. I believe that you will meet a lot of interesting singles and that you will have a very good time.

Terry

I would love to go on one. How do |I learn who they are?

thx

dorie

Howdy Dorie! 50.gif

You may want to click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 for the Cruise Critic article titled Cruise "Welcome Mat" Varies for Solos. Note the section titled Choose a singles' cruise. Also, click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=419 for another Cruise Critic article titled Best Cruise Lines for Solo Travelers. Both may contain information that will help you.

Also, you may want to go to www.google.com and type in "hosted single cruises". You will find many of the agencies your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend, give feedback, etc. if they could.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts. Discussion or promotion of any non-Cruise Critic group cruise is not allowed. Hosted single cruises are group cruises. Also, "personal ads" for cabin-mates are not allowed in any forum.

The only Cruise Critic Group Cruise I know of where singles are involved is the CC Single Parent Cruise "A DREAM worth waiting for" June 19, 2010. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=951706.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to go on one. How do |I learn who they are?

thx

dorie

I'm trying to find a roomie too! I'm a very normal, happily married woman who loves to cruise, even more than my husband! I guess I'll check out the sites that were recommended by the host. I'm not looking for anything but a roomie.

Any other suggestions anyone?

...Any other suggestions anyone?

As I said before:

... You will find many of the agencies your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend' date=' give feedback, etc. [b']if they could[/b].

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts. Discussion or promotion of any non-Cruise Critic group cruise is not allowed. Hosted single cruises are group cruises. Also, "personal ads" for cabin-mates are not allowed in any forum...

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo

This board's getting out of hand. You can interpret "single" in different ways...one of which is "alone". Look it up in the dictionary. I just thought this might be a place I could chat with others who want to avoid the "singles" supplememt. My mistake.

Edited by weeble

This board's getting out of hand. You can interpret "single" in different ways...one of which is "alone". Look it up in the dictionary. I just thought this might be a place I could chat with others who want to avoid the "singles" supplememt. My mistake.

I think most of us define "singles" cruise as a hosted singles cruise, designed for single (ie unmarried) people to cruise together -- what you're talking about is a "solo" cruise where you go by yourself not part of an organized group (some solo cruisers are married and others are single). There is another thread under "Special Interest Cruising" called "Solo Cruises" -- you might find helpful information there as well. :)

Christine

• 1 month later...

The Singles groups charge about $250.00 more than the cruise cost if you booked with the cruise line and had your own cabin mate. They sell tours and I suspect make money on those also. Carol in CA

Question,,,,,,,,,

Doesn't it cost alot extra to go

with a Hosted Single's Group Cruise.?

The Singles groups charge about $250.00 more than the cruise cost if you booked with the cruise line and had your own cabin mate. They sell tours and I suspect make money on those also. Carol in CA

Carol is correct . . . however . . . the amenities you're paying for include group activities on the ship -- games, cocktail parties, etc., the "single-mingle" dining (where you do not have to sit at your assigned table every night, you are free to sit anywhere within the group's designated tables) and a large group of fellow single people (which you would be hard-pressed to find if you sailed solo). The singles cruise agencies also organize their own shore excursions (at an additional cost) for the singles group only so you don't have to go on excursions with the couples and families from the ship. In my mind, it's worth the extra money.

Christine