Staggered check in "Breeze" Galveston...

PC Cruisin

I just returned from cruising on the Breeze (January 8, 2017) and arrived to the cruise port around 9:30am. We had a 10-10:30 check in time. When lining up, a carnival representative was giving instructions and my husband told her our check in time and she said "we don't look at it". I watched everyone line up and they opened up the gate and no one looked at our or others boarding pass to see what check in time we/they had. Free for all. We did get zone 1. Boarded right after FTTF people.

Not sure if this was a fluke or they just don't care what check in time you have!?!?:confused:

Agree it was a fluke. Me thinks the agent didn't know what they were doing. In addition to my cruises out of Galveston I am the "mom" drop off person for many. It is enforced. Usually there are multiple people checking you documents just to get in the door.

Agree it was a fluke. Me thinks the agent didn't know what they were doing. In addition to my cruises out of Galveston I am the "mom" drop off person for many. It is enforced. Usually there are multiple people checking you documents just to get in the door.

Glad to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely a fluke. In late November we saw a very heated argument when the lady at the door would not let someone in who arrived 2 hours before her assigned check in time. We saw them lining up people for the next time slot. So glad we had Priority on our boarding pass and walked right past all that.

Edited by DebJ14

Just curious, If a person has 10:00 to 10:30 check in time, what time usually does a person get on board? Would it be better to get a later time and not wait as long?

You will have about an hour and half wait from the 10am entry - depends on how long the laggers take to leave the ship and have customs clear for boarding. We have always started boarding in Galveston at 11-11:30, the earlier your check in time, the earlier # zone you get - but boarding goes pretty fast once it starts.

We cruised out of Galveston in September and November of 2016. In September boarding began at 11:30. There were 2 wedding parties who went first. They called the Diamonds and Platinum guests at 11:45.

In November there were no weddings on our sailing. They started boarding Diamond and Platinum guests at 11:20.

Suites and FTTF go after Diamond and Platinum and then they start calling the numbers.

Now that they are using the scanning system downstairs and uploading passport photos there is not as much of a backlog at the machines before you head up the ramp so boarding goes even faster.