My Getaway 50th Birthday Cruise - 1.8.17

Bunnynme

My husband and I took our second cruise on Getaway, our first cruise was in December 2014. Getaway is still wonderful. We were in Haven Spa Suite 14134. I can confirm that there is no poll in this suite though our previous one had it and I did not find it a problem. Our room steward was Ambari and he was wonderful. He made sure that i had an extra towel animal on my birthday along with a handwritten birthday note. Our Butler was Qi (pronounced "Key") and she was always great. We don't ask for much. We told her we wanted a pitcher of water with lemon or orange slices in it everyday and she replaced it 2x a day always alternating between oranges and lemons. We only had room service once.

The concierge was Virginia and she was very friendly but does not give the same service as Adrian (he was the concierge on our prior cruises on Epic and Getaway). The cruise director was horrible. I don't even remember her name. She speaks horrible english and was just not as visible as some other cruise directors.

We ate at Cagney's delicious!!! Love it. Moderno was a hit as always, plenty of yummy food. We also ate at La Cucina, it was good but being originally from NY, not true Italian. O'Sheehan's had great bangers and mash. The brownie cheesecake was amazing.

The Haven Restaurant is always great. LOVE the service and the food, always top notch.

The Million Dollar Quartet is a MUST SEE! The show was tremendous. Some very talented young men for sure. The comedian was Steven Smith and he was funny. We went to the dueling pianos 3 times and had a blast.

Groove International was an amazing, amazing group of talented men. We listened to them at every opportunity.

We never went to the main pool as we had the Haven and the spa. The water slides were tons of fun and my husband did the ropes course.

We used Bodden Tours in Roatan again and had a wonderful visit.

Harvest Caye is pretty, they are still developing some of it. It is nothing to write home about in my humble opinion plus the weather was overcast with some rain.

Everyone from the room steward, to the butler, concierge and the restaurant staff made my birthday "day" special. Got cards, cakes, cupcakes, songs.

I always love NCL and can't wait to sail again.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Madeline