All Day Trip Or 2 Stop Snorkel In January

#1PATSFAN

Would you do an all day excursion 10am-4pm on the water including snorkel/parasail/jet ski etc... or a 3 hour two stop snorkel trip?

I'm worried about the weather being too cool in January to be on the water all day versus 3 hours. My kid's want to do both snorkel & parasailing. I could always add parasailing in after the 3 hour trip. Any opinions would be helpful.

Has anyone been out on the water for a good part of the day in January??

We'll be in the keys on Monday Jan. 14, 2008 from 8am-5pm

Thanks

I'd do the short trip and see more of the island, so you can make a decent judgement call on whether or not you'd want to come here for a "real" vacation. Kind of like "tapas", appetizers. See as much as you can of different stuff, take notes or check travel forums, then enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Since the weather and conditions can be a bit iffy this time of year I would call your snorkel company or any of the dive shops here a day or two before your trip and ask about conditions. Ask about visibility (you want more than 20feet!) and ask how rough the seas are. Most of the snorkel companies have alternative spots to go depending on conditions. I would suggest taking seasick meds just in case.

Since the weather and conditions can be a bit iffy this time of year I would call your snorkel company or any of the dive shops here a day or two before your trip and ask about conditions. Ask about visibility (you want more than 20feet!) and ask how rough the seas are. Most of the snorkel companies have alternative spots to go depending on conditions. I would suggest taking seasick meds just in case.

I'd do the all-day trip. Going out on the catamaran is more fun than the power boat and while it's more expensive you get to do more things. The water won't be a problem, it's the air temperature. It make be the same as the water temp or feel lower if there is a breeze, so you need to bring a hoodie to wear between activities. IMO a two-stop snorkel trip and then a parasail would be inconvenient.

Pjk

Archived