White villages from Cadiz

sueajp

We are looking at a ships shore excursion to Vejer de la Frontera aka White Villages and countryside. Has anyone done this? Or we could just walk around Cádiz? Or Cadiz and Flamenco?? Trying to decide so any input would be helpful! Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can check on getyourguide.com private tours for pueblos blancos are there but not cheap. Other things to do in Cadiz is catching andalusian horse show in Jerez if you are there on show days. It's always at noon so it's possible to get there on public transportation. Otherwise Cadiz is a nice town to explore

https://www.realescuela.org

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We are looking at a ships shore excursion to Vejer de la Frontera aka White Villages and countryside. Has anyone done this? Or we could just walk around Cádiz? Or Cadiz and Flamenco?? Trying to decide so any input would be helpful! Thanks !

Cadiz is a beautiful city full of Andalucian charm with very welcoming people and it would be a shame to miss seeing this vibrant city. Wander from tapas bar to tapas bar along narrow streets (as most people in the bars will be Spanish prices are considerably cheaper than in tourist hotspots such as Barcelona), visit the market and gold domed cathedral then relax on excellent beaches. One thing I wouldn't recommend is the HOHO bus - as Cadiz old town streets are so narrow it cannot go down them so just goes up and down the same stretch of beach.

Vejer is a pretty, small town along the coast, but doesn’t particularly warrant a tour. I would stay in Cadiz as previously suggested, or you could go to Jerez on local public transport, see the horses or visit a Sherry bodega or both, time permitting.

However, there is plenty to see and do in Cadiz. There is a tourist office just across the road from where the ship docks.

The tourist office has maps for self guided walking tours. The routes are color coded and (more or less) painted on the street so you can follow them easily. The beach on the far side of town looked very nice and there were lots of lovely little parks. Not a lot of "big" things but a very enjoyable port.