Uniworld - Rhine & Moselle Classic - April 16 - optional excurion info.

Louisana cruiser

Anyone going on Uniworld's Rhine and Moselle Classic (Grand Value Cruising), departing Mainz, Germany on April 16, 2006?

Anyone have information on optional excurions: details, times, prices?

Below is a brief description of optionals for anyone who has visited these places . . . can you give advice on these excurions?

- Mainz, Germany - "Spend a full day discovering Heidelberg, a UNESCO World Heritage City" then meet the vessel in Speyer (Another choice is to visit the historic city of Speyer on an included later afternoon walking tour.)

- Strasgourg, France - "Sail on a canal cruise through Strasbourg"

- Rudesheim, Germany - "Indulge in an evening of 'Wine and Song' in Rudesheim"

- Cochem, Germany - "Fly through the Moselle valley on a hot air balloon adventure"

Have done the evening of wine and song. It was wonderful. Food was good and since we were most of the song, it was fantastic. Of course the wine was a help in shedding inhibitions. Do it. Our tour director came with us and became part of the entertainment also.

Give me a day or so to hunt thru my journal of the trip. We also spent a day in Heidelburg---very nice trip. We enjoyed the castle tour in the rain--got to sample some wine. Lunch wasn't great. Drinks not included, had a few disgruntled people. The town itself is made for wandering and shopping. Felt they didn't allow enough time . You may get more if the boat isn't very far away. Our Heidelburg trip was included in our cruise. If you overnite in Speyer, you can always tour the town on your own after dinner.

Hi,

Found some of the info. It was 40 euros per person in Aug. 2004. I didn't keep a copy of the menu. It was labeled a typical German meal included drinks. The wonderful special coffee was extra. Have never been in a Munich Haufbrau, but in reading over the entry, we were part of a bell choir and then my husband and The tour manager were in the ompa band. It was all the better because we had spent almost 3 weeks with this group. River cruising is definitely the relaxing way to cruise. Pat

Archived