Cabins with secret Portholes

dreaming

Is'nt there some cabins with secret port holes that are cheaper in price?

Someone told me about them about a year ago when we were on the magic in Dec. and i can't remember where they are. They are located on a quite hall, I do remember that. Thanks

Sorry to hijack your post- but what is a secret porthole? and this is on the magic?

Copy and past from the dis site ...

SPH - Secret Porthole, a stateroom on the Wonder or Magic that used to be Cat 8 staterooms but due to the partially obstructed view were reclassified as Cat 10 staterooms. These are 5020, 5022, 5024, 5520, 5522 and 5524. There are no steamer trunks for storage in 5020 or 5520 but those have the least obstructed view. The 22 & 24s are connecting rooms. You are paying an inside price and getting a view.

Wonder also has it.

Like she said. There's a porthole but there are canister rafts in front of them so you get the natural light but you can't see a lot. DCL originally sold these are Cat. 8 but after complaints on the first few cruises, reclassified them as Cat 10 inside. I have a first year brochure that shows them as 8s.

my family has stayed in 5524 and 5522 on the wonder. 5524 had 2 barrels on the right side of the window. It covered only about 1/4 of the window. It still had great views. 5522 had a steel plate across the bottom that our stateroom attendant informed us that may rise up but it never did. When it was down it did not cover the window at all. Hope this helps

Archived