Just Back from the POAM 7/23-7/30

ghulett

We had a great trip!!!! The ship is beautiful and the itinerary was great. We loved the all American crew. They were so eager to tell us where they were from and hear where we were from as well. We could share stories about our hometowns and chat about their adventures aboard the new ship. Some of them had never seen an ocean before getting on the cruise ship! We were told that this was the first cruise at full capacity but the ship never seemed crowded. We loved Rich the Cruise Director, he was so funny and was a big improvement over Trevor who was on the Diamond Princess when we cruised last year.

Will write more when we get home from Honolulu, but wanted to let you know that we had a great cruise!

If you have any questions let us know!!!

Can't wait to hear the details of your trip. I am so glad that you had a great time. The reviews are getting better and better. I was worried how crowded the ship would be a full capacity, thanks for putting my mind at ease.

ghulett - did you have a chance to sign the "Cruise Critic" book in the library? I did - on one of the first days onboard. We were so busy, I don't know how we would have been able to fit in a "meet". I'd love to hear your likes/dislikes, since we were on the same cruise.

Just a quick question. What time did you leave Kauai on the second day? Our August 6th cruise is scheduled to leave 6pm, but I read on this board that the time was changed to 6am. We were planning on 2 days on Kauai...any info. would be helpful. Thanks.

They came in at 8 AM Thurs and left at 3:30PM Friday because of mechancial problems, they had to depart early in order to see the coastal scenery. Someone else posted, this plus NCL told me this. I also heard from NCL that they had a medical emergency so the Hilo schedule was changed a little. Also note they left Honolulu at 11PM instead of 8 PM to embark on Sat. I think they are fine-tuning stuff too.

The NCL supervisor confirmed the landing in Kauai will be earlier--at 8 AM (vs 10 AM) and we will depart at 6PM on Friday (the next day); so we will have 2 extra hours in Kauai--hooray. I worked hard on this answer and will be with you in 8/6 cruise.

They came in at 8 AM Thurs and left at 3:30PM Friday because of mechancial problems, they had to depart early in order to see the coastal scenery. Someone else posted, this plus NCL told me this. I also heard from NCL that they had a medical emergency so the Hilo schedule was changed a little. Also note they left Honolulu at 11PM instead of 8 PM to embark on Sat. I think they are fine-tuning stuff too.

The NCL supervisor confirmed the landing in Kauai will be earlier--at 8 AM (vs 10 AM) and we will depart at 6PM on Friday (the next day); so we will have 2 extra hours in Kauai--hooray. I worked hard on this answer and will be with you in 8/6 cruise.

We left Honolulu by 9:30ish I believe. We were out at sea long before 11pm. If you are leaving at 6pm on Friday will you miss the Napali coast?

Sorry; another poster said you left Honolulu around 11AM to embark.

Well the NCL Supervisor said we leave at 6PM on Friday; but you know, if it were me I would not plan any paid excursions from other than NCL on the afternoon of Friday just in case unless there is no penalty if you cancel that day.

I really think it may be subject to change and would also check as soon as you board; I would think some excursions would let you cancel with 24 hr notice, but have never done private excursions; we are just renting a car in each port and doing it on our own, but are staying in hotel rooms in Maui and Kauai to visit the beach and pools etc and do laundry. Just our way; we have an 8 year old who loves the pools and beaches and we are not much for excursions in buses with crowds and waiting at the pier for tours etc. Been there, done that when we were younger.

Everyone must review and do what they think they will like best.

Archived