First Time in St. Thomas - Questions

tampalady

We will be in St. Thomas in December and will be docking at Crown Bay. I've been reviewing most of the information (great stuff by the way) and have a question on timing and the order of the things we would like to see. The Eurodam is in port from 8-5. We want to do the following, is this do-able? Sounds like we should take the Safari Bus to town for shopping. It also sounds like Blackbeards in on the Mountain Top and you can get to St. Peter Greathouse via the Tram? Thanks for your feedback!

Charlotte Amalie (shopping 3 hours)

Blackbeard’s Castle

Mountain Top

Paradise Tram

St. Peter Greathouse Estate and Gardens

We will be in St. Thomas in December and will be docking at Crown Bay. I've been reviewing most of the information (great stuff by the way) and have a question on timing and the order of the things we would like to see. The Eurodam is in port from 8-5. We want to do the following, is this do-able? Sounds like we should take the Safari Bus to town for shopping. It also sounds like Blackbeards in on the Mountain Top and you can get to St. Peter Greathouse via the Tram? Thanks for your feedback!

Blackbeard’s Castle

Mountain Top

Paradise Tram

i did the mountain top/blackbeard tour and that puts you very close to downtown. not sure about the rest.

Blackbeard's Hill and castle is in town, but Mountain Top isn't.

St Peter's Great House is not close to the Paradise Point Sky Ride/Tram. For both Mountain Top and Great House, you need a taxi to get there.

The Great House isn't on most of the standard island tours, because there's a separate admission fee. Tours including the Great House are usually sold on the ship.

Shopping - Depends upon what type of shopping you want to do.

Definitely do some research on what you'd like to buy BEFORE you get on board your ship. Prices vary and sometimes the best bargain is not in St. Thomas.

There are plenty of shops within walking distance of the pier, so again, depending upon what you are looking for...do research prior to visiting the place.

Definitely attend the "Shopping Seminar" onboard your ship, so that you can get maps, lots of info and coupons ahead of time. If you are planning on booking a 3-hours shopping excursion with your ship, I'd reconsider.

After attending the on-board seminar + doing research ahead of time, you'll be all set.

Tampa Lady....If you'd like to shop & see the island and take in a beach, you might consider a day tour with Burlie of Virgin Island Scenic Tours.

Just "google" for more info & pictures.

She picks you up right at the ship's security area and returns you to the same area. For $25 she took us downtwon to Charlotte Amalie for 2 hours shopping, then a tour of the island with numerous stops for scenic views and photo ops and then finally 2-3 hours of beach time....We chose Coki Beach, but I think sometimes groups got to Emerald or Sapphire beaches.

She is fun guide...very knowledgable and she kept our packages safely stored & locked in her safari truck. It was a great value and lots of fun!!! We're going with her again this year in January!

Just "google" for more info & pictures.

Blackbeard’s Castle

Mountain Top

Paradise Tram

I would think you should be Ok with Blackbeard's Castle and Shopping, but to add more would be tough. Like ILV said it would depend on what kind of shopping you want to do.

You could squeeze one more thing in before shopping if you didn't shop long!!

Archived