NCL 7 days curise with Tour Vs. RCCL 12 day cruise

peterp

I believe the RCCL itinerary involves a lot of sea days as it travels back to Vancouver. Is this correct? So I think it depends on how you feel about this. I personally know I wouldn't do well on the crossing from Vancouver to Hawaii as it can be a lot of rough days at sea. However, a lot of people find these days very relaxing.

We are experienced cruisers both having done several Transpacifics and well as Transatlantics and also San Francisco to Hawaii return (16 day). We enjoy the sea days. We are doing Radiance of the Seas in May 2019 departs from Honolulu, spends two days in Maui, two days in Kauai, stops at Kona, and Hilo and then cruises five days to Vancouver. Been to all these islands before. We love the idea of having two days in both Maui and Kauai which means we can rent a car on the first day and no worry about what time we get back to the ship and the ship overnights in those ports. We will have plenty of time to explore and revisit what we have missed from previous vacations on those islands. A seven day cruise is very short for those islands. The seas can be rough out of San Francisco but nothing that we have not been able to handle. Also approaching Vancouver can be a little rough as well. But we have fared well. It is so relaxing - these longer sea days. Beware, however, not all days are not sunbathing as it can be rainy and overcast and a tad chilly during those sea days. So be prepared.