Palo Tips

cruisin deb

Is tip included in $30 charge for Palo Brunch.

I usually leave extra tip for very good pleasant service but wasn't sure if any part of $30 charge was tip?:)

No one knows for sure. And DCL won't tell you. Their stance is "tipping is optional".

Time was a small portion of the upcharge was for tips. Most people seem to think that's no longer true.

I've even read suggestions that a small portion of the upcharge is pooled to be shared by all Palo servers. And, if you tip additionally, your specific server gets to keep it.

This is one of those highly disputed areas. Originally, as noted above, a portion of the upcharge was shared among all the Palo workers as a gratuity. DCL continues to post that gratuity is "your discretion" and "optional." Those are the only official statements I've ever seen. There is an 18% gratuity added to any bar items you may purchase, but of course those costs are not part of the upcharge.

As with the above, we always leave a gratuity, whether at our comped Palo meal or any extras we choose to book.

We typically tip $20 per person for a meal in Palo, sometimes more for exceptional services. I look at the meal in Palo as something we would pay $200 (for two) in a find dining restaurant. That is probably a generous estimate! But, 20% of $200 is $40, or $20 per person. We frequently are on the Wonder and know our Palo server there pretty well, so I like to make sure he is well taken care of. I agree that DCL is less than clear on all of this.