QM2 Questions

cheshire

We've yet to receive our final information for our forthcoming cruise but there are some questions I'm hoping those who've already sailed can answer.

1. Is there an additional charge for food in the Golden Lion? Is there an age restriction on access? I'm sure ther is on the purchase of alcohol.

2.How did you specify a twin or double bed arrangement?

3.Do children in their own cabin have access to sign onboard?

4.Our excursions have changed due to an itinerary change. Should we plan on using the original information sent two weeks ago or wait until onboard?

5. Our return flight isn't until around 4pm. What time will they want us off the ship and will they make arrangements for us until our flight departs?

6 How do you open the balcony door to the adjacent cabin? Is it done once and that's it for the cruise? Not sure I want people popping along just when they feel like it even though they are friends.

7. Is a suit with open shirt acceptable in the med this summer for an an informal evening or is it tie required/reccommended?

Thanks for any other tips.

Can hellp with 2 & 7:

2. We asked our TA to book the 2 bed arrangement. All they have to do is take the joining piece out--seperate the beds with one of the end tables and use single bed linens. Saw lots of foam pieces that are used to join the beds

in the hallway when we were disembarking!

7. Informal night--Ah yes!! Certainly you can wear an open shirt with a jacket. Saw everything from shirts and slacks (although very, very few) to tuxedos in the Brittania on our Informal night. Even some of the very young children were dress in suits and frilly dresses on informal night. As for us--my husband wore a suit and I a cocktail dress. At the table next to us were tuxedos and cocktail dresses. Felt very comfortable.

no additional charge for Golden lion that is unless you are also having cocktails. the food was great, fish and chips are a must. We had our steward open the door between our balcony and guess what he used? a toothbrush. I am sure you can have him open and close it at your request. as for the bed situation, we also told our ta when we were booking, but I saw on board beds being rearranged with no problem, so worse case senario, your steward will correct it. On the daily paper sent to your room, outlining the days activities, it will state the dress code for the evening and it states dress code in Brittania and Grills strictly enforced. I do think for the casual night it ststed button down shirt and slacks for gentlemen and on informal nights: jacket and tie. I did see a few gentlemen with the button down collarless shirts with a jacket and they were welcome in. Have a great time, its an awsome ship

Archived