Cave Tubing Questions

creativediff

I was looking at their website, and under the "What You Need" section they mention towels. Will the cruise ship (NCL) provide towels that we can take on shore? I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

I was looking at their website, and under the "What You Need" section they mention towels. Will the cruise ship (NCL) provide towels that we can take on shore? I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

Yes, you can take the ship beach towels to shore with you at any of the places. Just make sure you don't misplace them...they cost $25 each if you do (when they are strict with them...which is usually the newer ships).

When you are cavetubing, they are locked up in the vans so no worries about someone taking them. :)

mistugirly, is the 50 bucks the same price for adults and kids?

When we went, children under 10 years old was $30. You could email them to confirm and make sure it hasn't changed.

How long are you in the dark when floating in the caves? Is it scary for younger kids?

There's always some type of light (at the sides or either end of the caves) peeking in. There have always been kids on the tours when we went and didn't see anyone panic. My daughter was 3 the first time she went and loved it. The second time she was 5 and we also had my 5 year old grandson with us...no problems that time either. :)

I was looking through the pictures on their website and saw a sign that said you must be 48" and know how to swim. My daughter isn't tall enough but looking at your pictures, I don't see how Sakari was 48" when you went. Do they care?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Ugh oh- you have to be able to swim? I didn't see that on the website- guess that is a deal breaker for me [emoji53]

This is what Cavetubing.bz says (both about being able to swim, and a height requirement). Other ops may have different policies. Whether or not it is smart to take an infant, or to do a water activity if you cannot swim, is up to you.

Is there an age requirement for cave tubing?

No, we are very happy to have children on our tours. We have small tubes and life jackets for children, and very small children can ride on the lap of a parent, if they like. I have taken infants cave tubing before they can walk! Most of them really like it.

I cannot swim. Can I still do cave tubing?

Yes, cave tubing does not require swimming, unless you want to. Being a weak swimmer is also not a problem. You will get on your inner tube in shallow water, and you ride the whole time. And you will have on a life jacket. If you inform your guide that you cannot swim, he can be sure you feel safe during the tour.

Don't mean to hijack this posting but looking to find out how long of a hike it is and how difficult the terrain is?

It is about 30 - 45 minutes. You have to cross the river and walk through some caves and the jungle. It wasn't too hilly, but the footing was sometimes iffy. I would say it was "moderately" difficult.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.