RCCL Brides please help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:03 PM.
#1
2,627 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Hi! So my guy has never agreed to cruising and I finally got him to go on one this January! I'm doing everything I can to make this really nice so he will want to get married on a ship

I've heard it can be pricey to have the wedding on board. Has anyone done the wedding on an island? I really don't want any kind of religious undertones at all as we are both atheist and anti theist. The chapel is pretty but small as well and I don't think everyone would fit.

Can anyone tell me about RCCL weddings specifically and what they thought of the cost and ease of planning? If we get several cabins booked do we get any kind of benefit like on a land resort?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


2017 - Independence of the Seas
2013 - Explorer of the Seas
2010 - Freedom of the Seas
2008 - Radiance of the Seas
2001 - Sovereign of the Seas

#2
Brunswick, Ohio
159 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We are currently planning our wedding on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas for September 2017. We will be doing it at sea and the Captain will be the officiant. Since it's at sea, the Captain is the only one legally able to do it. We aren't religious either so this is perfect for us. Though when my Wedding Planner sent me the planning documents it looked as if you can really customize the ceremony however you want.a There is a pdf document for download on their website with general pricing. It's actually pretty helpful for general information. I can tell you that they won't guarantee your wedding date or venue until you pay the full wedding package balance (which is listed in the document with all the inclusions) so I forked over $3,700 right off the bat so I could nail down the date and ship venue.

Seriously though, this is nothing compared to a traditional wedding. Plus our group is all going to sit together at dinners so we don't have to pay for meals for our group.

As far as a discount for multiple rooms is concerned, I booked through the group department so they explained it as for every 8 staterooms booked, they will take the largest average of room categories booked and give you credit for one person. For example, if of my 8 rooms booked for my group, 5 were balcony rooms, and it was based fare of $875/person for that room, I would get a credit of $875 for my room. If I booked 16 rooms and the largest average of room was balcony room with base fare of $875/person then I'd get a credit of $1750.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

christa4
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
- Christa


  • RC Harmony of the Seas September 1, 2018 (Western Caribbean)
  • RC Harmony of the Seas September 16, 2017 Our Wedding Cruise (Western Caribbean) - Sky Loft Suite 1724; Genie - Sebastian
  • Carnival Fascination 2014
  • Carnival Fascination 1997 (Southern Caribbean)
www.ChristaCourtney.com - Wedding Blog
#4
Lakeville, Minnesota
966 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Originally posted by christa4
We are currently planning our wedding on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas for September 2017. We will be doing it at sea and the Captain will be the officiant. Since it's at sea, the Captain is the only one legally able to do it. We aren't religious either so this is perfect for us. Though when my Wedding Planner sent me the planning documents it looked as if you can really customize the ceremony however you want.a There is a pdf document for download on their website with general pricing. It's actually pretty helpful for general information. I can tell you that they won't guarantee your wedding date or venue until you pay the full wedding package balance (which is listed in the document with all the inclusions) so I forked over $3,700 right off the bat so I could nail down the date and ship venue.

Seriously though, this is nothing compared to a traditional wedding. Plus our group is all going to sit together at dinners so we don't have to pay for meals for our group.

As far as a discount for multiple rooms is concerned, I booked through the group department so they explained it as for every 8 staterooms booked, they will take the largest average of room categories booked and give you credit for one person. For example, if of my 8 rooms booked for my group, 5 were balcony rooms, and it was based fare of $875/person for that room, I would get a credit of $875 for my room. If I booked 16 rooms and the largest average of room was balcony room with base fare of $875/person then I'd get a credit of $1750.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

christa4

Hi Christa,

When you first started planning your wedding, did you email or call Royal? I sent an email 2 weeks ago and have not heard from anyone yet.

Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jen





Jewel of the Seas 2/17
Freedom of the Seas 9/16
Navigator of the Seas 3/16
Independence of the Seas 1/16
Navigator of the Seas 8/2015
Independence of the Seas 2/2015
Brilliance of the Seas 2/2014
Monarch of the Seas 2/2013
Disney Magic 2/2005
Disney Magic 2/2004
#5
Annapolis, MD
32 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
We are getting married next month and decided against doing it on the ship. Our first stop is in Key West, so we are doing a very low-key and non-religious ceremony on the beach at 1pm. We found a couple/wedding planners who do very low-key weddings. I think it ended up costing $1200 total for 40 chairs on the beach, a sound system for the beach, an hour of pictures (they are photographers too), and a trolley to get our 40 guests from the ship to the beach and then from the beach to downtown Key West afterwards for a bar-hopping reception

Since we had 40 guests, we got a free cocktail party from RC with an open bar and some passed appetizers for 1 hour so we are using that as our reception later that night from 7-8pm.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nicole & Greg in Annapolis, MD

Getting married in Key West on April 9th on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise
#6
15 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Originally posted by CruisingWeddingGirl
We are getting married next month and decided against doing it on the ship. Our first stop is in Key West, so we are doing a very low-key and non-religious ceremony on the beach at 1pm. We found a couple/wedding planners who do very low-key weddings. I think it ended up costing $1200 total for 40 chairs on the beach, a sound system for the beach, an hour of pictures (they are photographers too), and a trolley to get our 40 guests from the ship to the beach and then from the beach to downtown Key West afterwards for a bar-hopping reception

Since we had 40 guests, we got a free cocktail party from RC with an open bar and some passed appetizers for 1 hour so we are using that as our reception later that night from 7-8pm.

how did you get a free cocktail party? was that for booking a group or certain number of guests?
#9
163 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by CruisingWeddingGirl
We are getting married next month and decided against doing it on the ship. Our first stop is in Key West, so we are doing a very low-key and non-religious ceremony on the beach at 1pm. We found a couple/wedding planners who do very low-key weddings. I think it ended up costing $1200 total for 40 chairs on the beach, a sound system for the beach, an hour of pictures (they are photographers too), and a trolley to get our 40 guests from the ship to the beach and then from the beach to downtown Key West afterwards for a bar-hopping reception

Since we had 40 guests, we got a free cocktail party from RC with an open bar and some passed appetizers for 1 hour so we are using that as our reception later that night from 7-8pm.
How did you get the free cocktail reception. I know you could forego OBC to have a cocktail party but was told by MUTLIPLE agents that it wasn't guaranteed private because using GAP the party is shared with other groups on board. Also, they won't guarantee the time or venue until 2 weeks before (I thought about waiting to see if any other groups booked so I could still have it private). RCI also said your can not use that GAP party as a reception. I have 100 people sailing with me, so I would definitely qualify but I was told it wouldn't work by so many I believed it. If they were wrong, I'd LOVE to know. It would save me like $2500!
#10
Annapolis, MD
32 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
It wasn't guaranteed private since we were in the Starlight Disco, but it was so early (7pm) that no one else was in there. I know our travel agent knew the night and time of the party about two months in advance. Not sure how she did it--mate she just talked to the right person. And we definitely used it as our reception--complete with two cakes--a small one to cut and a sheet cake for the guests.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nicole & Greg in Annapolis, MD

Getting married in Key West on April 9th on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise
#11
163 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by CruisingWeddingGirl
It wasn't guaranteed private since we were in the Starlight Disco, but it was so early (7pm) that no one else was in there. I know our travel agent knew the night and time of the party about two months in advance. Not sure how she did it--mate she just talked to the right person. And we definitely used it as our reception--complete with two cakes--a small one to cut and a sheet cake for the guests.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
That's wonderful! I wish I would have read this first. I ended up just taking the OBC and reserving a cocktail party I have to pay for. The other way would have been a much better deal . Thanks! Any chance you'd be willing to share pics, and what you did during your reception/timing schedule?
#15
Annapolis, MD
32 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Originally posted by MelAnnDoll
I do remember hearing the free cocktail party is only on 7 night or longer cruises if that helps!
My cruise was a 5 night...and I still got the free cocktail party.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nicole & Greg in Annapolis, MD

Getting married in Key West on April 9th on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise
#17
12 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Who did you call for the free cocktail party? was royal carribean having a special that you got it. I am looking to find out how I can get it I have close to 40 people sailing with us.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#18
Annapolis, MD
32 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Originally posted by Luv2Cruz24/7
Was yours guaranteed private?
No, but I wasn't really worried about a few other people possibly being in there--it's a huge lounge! Plus ours was at 7pm so I knew it wouldn't be busy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nicole & Greg in Annapolis, MD

Getting married in Key West on April 9th on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise
#19
Toronto, Ontario
4 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by Luv2Cruz24/7
How did you get the free cocktail reception. I know you could forego OBC to have a cocktail party but was told by MUTLIPLE agents that it wasn't guaranteed private because using GAP the party is shared with other groups on board. Also, they won't guarantee the time or venue until 2 weeks before (I thought about waiting to see if any other groups booked so I could still have it private). RCI also said your can not use that GAP party as a reception. I have 100 people sailing with me, so I would definitely qualify but I was told it wouldn't work by so many I believed it. If they were wrong, I'd LOVE to know. It would save me like $2500!
What does GAP, OBC and RCI mean?
#20
163 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by tammy92281
Who did you call about the free cocktail party? The wedding coordinator said she doesn't do that.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Hey, did you figure all this out. Ian answer the questions if you didn't.