Strawberry Walking Tours (Havana) - private tour payment in full in advance?

cpayne

We are looking to book a private walking tour for 10 people in March 2019 with Strawberry Tours. The tour is approx. 6 months out. They are requesting payment in full at this time to reserve our tour. Has anyone else been required to do this for one of their private tours? Tour operators typically only require a deposit/down payment, but not full payment.

They are also using a payment system called Payoneer which I'm unfamiliar with. We typically use Paypal. Anyone have experience with Payoneer?

I'm sure everything is on the up and up, but want to be sure! Better safe than sorry!

We are looking to book a private walking tour for 10 people in March 2019 with Strawberry Tours. The tour is approx. 6 months out. They are requesting payment in full at this time to reserve our tour. Has anyone else been required to do this for one of their private tours? Tour operators typically only require a deposit/down payment, but not full payment.

They are also using a payment system called Payoneer which I'm unfamiliar with. We typically use Paypal. Anyone have experience with Payoneer?

I'm sure everything is on the up and up, but want to be sure! Better safe than sorry!

Cheri, I have not heard about the pay in advance or Payoneer.

We go to Cuba in Nov and when I was doing my research I remember Strawberry Tours being a free walking tour group. They do donations only and it’s after the tour. Is there a different group you have? If you don’t feel comfortable I would go with someone else.

We go to Cuba in Nov and when I was doing my research I remember Strawberry Tours being a free walking tour group. They do donations only and it’s after the tour. Is there a different group you have? If you don’t feel comfortable I would go with someone else.

Yes, it is a free walking tour . People that have toured with them said they are fantastic . Unfortunately, with groups of 10 or more you have to book a tour. Are you using them? Next time I might consider them. We were there on a National Holiday so they were not giving tours. Hopefully next time we can use them.

How exciting you are going in Nov!!!! That will be here before you know it. We recently returned. It was fantastic!!

Yes Nov is just a short time away! No we are not using them even though I have heard good things about them. We are doing a half day car ride with a tour through my TA and then using a tour I downloaded DH and I made our own walking tour.

That sounds like a fantastic plan! We used a tour guide also. Which is great for the history and to give you an overall view of Havana but I enjoyed just walking around on our own. Did you see the "middle age bar-hop" tour that Cheri created. We tried it in July, added a little bit to it....it was fantastic! Sunset on the Malecon was so memorable.

No I have not seen that. I am glad to hear you enjoyed just walking around. I found a couple of walking tours I blended into one and we can skip around too. I also want to hit the flea markets and try to take the ferry to see the fort and statue. So much to do!

No I have not seen that. I am glad to hear you enjoyed just walking around. I found a couple of walking tours I blended into one and we can skip around too. I also want to hit the flea markets and try to take the ferry to see the fort and statue. So much to do!

The Big Art Market is open now....about a 14 min. walk from the ship. I heard it is fabulous. Just walking the streets of Old Havana you will find many little shops.

• 3 weeks later...
OP - a group of us booked the free walking tour in advance of our visit last month.

Just have everyone book individually on the Strawberry website, and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a PRIVATE tour for 10 of us so unfortunately that's not an option.