Carnival May 2018 - which dive shop?

!newbiecruiser66

Hi all, I was in Cozumel in May 2018 on Carnival Glory. I did the scuba excursion through the ship and really enjoyed the day but I can't remember the name of the dive shop used for the 2-tank dive. I also can't find it on the carnival web site.

I was extremely please with this dive shop and would love to dive with them again on a separate dive specific trip. Can anybody help with the name of the dive shop that Carnival is using for the 2-tank dives?

Oh, I'm sorry thought you were asking for dive shop recommendations.

Is this the place? https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d10006587-Reviews-The_Dive_Shop_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

They are on FB too.

But look into Eagle Ray if you can't connect.

Thanks, it looks like the right place but the sign on the shop says Aquaworld. Maybe they renamed? Anyway, thanks for your help.

Does anybody else know if The Dive Shop and AquaWorld are the same operation?

Nope - we do land vacations on Coz and stay at the Park Royal. I used to get tanks from Aquaworld and solo dive from their pier doing skill exercises. That practice has now gone away on Coz. I’ve been using Blue Magic for years as my dive op - they have a shop in San Miquel and and their boats operate out of Fonatur, as most dive ops do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope - we do land vacations on Coz and stay at the Park Royal. I used to get tanks from Aquaworld and solo dive from their pier doing skill exercises. That practice has now gone away on Coz. I’ve been using Blue Magic for years as my dive op - they have a shop in San Miquel and and their boats operate out of Fonatur, as most dive ops do.

Thanks. At less than 50 dives, I'm not into shore diving on my own - still wanting a DM, especially one that knows the dive sites. So I guess I'm looking for a super dive shop - but associated with one of the all-inclusive places I can get to from Canada. Preferably a resort that has a bit of a dive culture without having 20 people on the dive boat.

You also said the practice has gone away now. What do you mean by that?

Check out Casa del Mar and Scuba Club Cozumel - both of these places cater to divers and offer packages.

About the other thing - I would get a tank from Aquaworld and go out in front of the Park Royal and practice buoyancy, SMB release/recovery - stuff like that. The depth is about 30’. The last time I tried to do that, none of the dive ops around that area would let me solo dive. I don’t have the solo cert and they didn’t ask me for that either - I heard a rumor that a diver was lost solo diving and that may have quashed the whole solo dive thing on Coz - for a while anyway.

All that being said . . .

Do I recommend solo diving without the cert? No

Do I defend my solo diving without the cert? No

Will I solo dive in the future with or without the cert? No

Good luck finding a happy place on Coz. It’s a great place to dive and there are a lot of good people there.