Imagination 3 day Ensenada - How much to put on account, how much cash to have?

LeeDodek

The GF and I are going in April, first time for both of us. We are trying to figure out how much to put on our account for the trip. Planning to do the auto/pre paid gratuities, since it is so simple, plus tip cash as appropriate. We will bring along 1, maybe 2, bottles of wine. She isn't a big drinker, and I am moderate, so don't expect to buy many drinks. Neither gamble much. She might shop some. We likely will do a ship sponsored excursion in port. Based on this, how much would should we look at putting on the account, $300 maybe? I would rather have plenty in there to cover anything and not be short. Also, how much cash for tipping? i am a big believer in tips. Room steward, bar tenders, wait staff, is that who is normally tipped on board?

Our general rule is $100 pp per day and put cash on the account. On the last night we go to guest services and cash out and get the rest back. We never spend that much and use what’s left and book our next cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as tips go we leave $10 at each dinner and $40’for our room steward and top cash for each drink $1

Disregard this post. You already paid the tip and anything beyond is for excellent service. This guy either work for the cruise line or just to make himself feel good. I understand tipping as a rule in USA. But the tip is included in your daily charge. Just tip anything extra you like.

As far as tips go we leave $10 at each dinner and $40’for our room steward and top cash for each drink $1

Look on his profile and you can tell he's a fake. 100 each day? Huh 7 days = 700 in tips. That's almost the price of the cruise.

I never said it was all for tips he asked how much to put on your cash account. I would suggest you learn to read all the info before you comment and make yourself look like a fool...

The auto-gratuity which will be charged to your account will cover ALL your tips—waitstaff, room steward and even the guy behind the counter in the buffet line. If you buy a drink at a bar, your account will be charged a 15% tip. There’s absolutely NO need to tip anyone (although a buck or two for room service is nice but not required. And you better have it in hand because those guys are in and out of your room in a flash!)

To each his own about tipping over-and-beyond the auto gratuities, but it’s simply not necessary or even expected.