Harmony Nursery Hours

We are headed out on the Harmony soon and I'm just putting together a loose schedule for the week for my family. Does anyone recall the operating hours of the nursery on the Harmony? I am checking that all of our shows/ specialty dinners will be covered so the little guy has somewhere to play while we do the things he won't sit long for.

I know that from our experience in the past each ship dictates their own nursery hours. Some are open for two drop off sessions per day. others only open at night. So I want to check on the options we have :)

*Not interested in comments from the peanut gallery on leaving kids at home with grandma. grandma is coming with us. we've cruised with our kids plenty of times and we love it.

• 1 month later...

Oasis had very long nursery hours, like pretty much all day and through the evening. It's different than the kids club because it is an extra charge and therefore more accommodating. I feel it was like 9am to 10pm or something along those lines. Earlier on port days. You have to reserve in advance but you do it on the first day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We leave in a week to sail on Harmony with a 5 year old and a 7 month old. Not concerned about he 5 year old but first time with an infant... any advice? Did you use the RCL pack and play? Was it ok? Did it fit in the cabin? Any other must haves to bring? Thank you!!!

Thanks so much. We are experienced cruisers but first time with an infant. Nice to hear those hours. I wonder how many kids they take...is it really a rush to get there and reserve spots?

I went to the nursery immediately after boarding to grab my spots. I didn’t want to chance anything because I wanted coverage, at the least, during all our scheduled shows.

They max out at 8 kids at a time and two adults. There were times that I was picking my child up and the nursery workers were on the phone telling people there were no available spots at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We leave in a week to sail on Harmony with a 5 year old and a 7 month old. Not concerned about he 5 year old but first time with an infant... any advice? Did you use the RCL pack and play? Was it ok? Did it fit in the cabin? Any other must haves to bring? Thank you!!!

I used their pack n play. It was clean and like new. I do recommend bringing a pack and play sheet or a crib sheet of your own. They just use a regular flat sheet wrapped around the bottom, and on the final night of the cruise my little one got tangled in the sheets because we had packed our stuff away!

I always recommend bringing a dark colored or thick shower curtain along with some magnetic hooks. I hang it from the ceiling to create a little wall so that bedtime was easier!

The room was a little bit tight and our pack and play was next to the sofa bed so we would have to squeeze by to get to our balcony. My 5 year old slept on the sofa bed next to the baby. You can see the pack n play next to the sofa bed in the background of this picture..

4c551dfb05cc0bf5768dc5fdae1fe23c.jpg

Sounds like we will be on board with you.... ours is 13 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to the nursery immediately after boarding to grab my spots. I didn’t want to chance anything because I wanted coverage, at the least, during all our scheduled shows.

They max out at 8 kids at a time and two adults. There were times that I was picking my child up and the nursery workers were on the phone telling people there were no available spots at that time.

Thanks, I think we will book as much time as they allow us to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The shower curtain/magnetic hooks idea was great. As far as the Nursery goes...we are pleased with the service. As stated, they let you book 15 hours and then on day 3 allow you to book whatever you would like assuming they are not full.

They will not allow walk-ins on day 1 or 2 even if they are empty unless you use your 15 hours towards this time. Very dumb policy...