When do tickets arrive?

Moo-Woo

Can anyone tell me what the average time before a cruise is due to depart that the tickets are sent out by Cunard (and arrive on the doormat)? I seem to recall reading somewhere that the excersions for the cruise are sent out first (which you can then purchase if you wish) followed by the tickets and other items (what items? I'm not sure). We are on the QE2 cruise on the 18th Sept and were just wondering when to start waiting for the postman!!

This is an area where Cunard cuts it too close, but is at least consistent about it. You'll get your tickets two weeks before sailing -- mostlikely via Airborne Express.

In other words, if you don't expect them even a day sooner than that, but do count on receiving them then you will not (might not) freak out. :)

THE critical thing here is that you fill out and return/fax back the "Guest Information Form" which you will have received several weeks prior to sailing. This is the document which Cunard uses to set you up in their ticketing process to follow. If you have not filled out this form, your ticket will not be generated/mailed at the two week cutoff.

My advice would be to call Cunard a week or so after you send in the Guest Information Form to be sure that they received it and that you are all set to be ticketed.

I hope this helps.

Crouton

Crouton is correct. Cunard gets your tickets to you at the very last minute when you are really beginning to panic.

They DO always get there, however.

Wish they would be more considerate and get them to customers earlier, but I believe they are booking air at the last minute.

Thanks everyone, eight weeks out from the cruise at the moment. Will wait with baited breath for the form to arrive in the next couple of weeks. BTW, when is it that you select which shore excursions you wish to go on?

• 2 weeks later...

The form arrived last week (via the Travel Agent), have filled in and faxed to Cunard. First part over then. The excursions were listed in the booklet as well, these could also be faxed in as a pre-booked item, however, the fax number on the form looks like a US number to me. Anybody (in the UK) ever used this form to pre-book shore excursions and faxed it in to Cunard? Is there a different number to use?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the tickets arrived over this weekend (actually on the same morning as the confirmation of my car parking space at the docks! Spooky). Almost 5 weeks to the cruise and they've arrived, perhaps Cunard are getting better at distribution. Loved the documents, nice embossed folder with ticket details in. One thing surprised me though, they sent 2 wallets basically containing the same things, there is myself and my girlfriend travelling onthe trip but both names are mentioned in the wallets! Is it one folder each or do youi just sign one of them (with both names) upon embarkation? Information would, as always, be most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I faxed of my guest registration on Wednesday this week 25 Aug and guess what.... my travel tickets arrived today sat 28th Aug..and l dont set sail on QE2 till Oct 2nd!!!! how rare is this! the voyage infor folder only arrived about 10 days ago.

anyway. looking forward to yet another great voyage on this wonderful ship, and im in steerage, with an upgrade.

cheers

Myles cunardqueen@aol.com

Archived