QE2 Canada/US/Transatlanic Voyage 2005 status

Transatlantic Tom

Does anyone have any information regarding the QE2 Canada/US/Transatlantic EB voyage listed on the Cunard website for late August/early September 2005 ??? Unless I missed it, I DON'T see this voyage listed in the recently released Cunard 2005 brochure. Does anyone know what's going on ???

QE2 Transatlantic WB 2004

QE2 Transatlantic EB 2003

QE2 Transatlantic EB 1981

It's certainly listed in the UK 2005 brochure as "Canadian Crossing" Sail Southampton 30/8/05 visiting St John's Newfoundland, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Quebec City, Halifax,Nova Scotia, Boston, Newport Rhode Island and New York returning to Southampton 19/9/05. Sailaway Fare from £2119

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Derek

Thank you, Derek !!! I'll have to sit down with the North American version of the 2005 Brochure and go over it again, but I'd swear that I could NOT find any reference to this trip anywhere...including in the chronological calendar in the front section of the brochure...but I'll double check. If there is indeed NO reference to the "Canadian Crossing" in our version, does that mean that the marketing people don't think that any Canadians and/or Americans would be interested ??? I, for one, think it sounds like a fabulous sailing: a journey to Canada, U.S.A. AND a SUMMERTIME QE2 transatlantic crossing !!!!

Tom

Tom,

I would have thought Cunard would be pleased to receive custom from anywhere. If you can't find detail in the brochure I'm sure a phone call to their customer services would generate some action. As an aside my wife and I did this trip last year on Oriana a P&O ship. It was an absolutely memorable holiday. We'll never forget sailing into New York harbour and then leaving down the Hudson in the dark, the City lights everywhere absolutely magnificent. Got it all on video as a reminder.Another memorable port was Quebec City. I was just looking on the P&O on-line booking system and the September 2005 trip on Oriana is almost fully booked already.

Regards,

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Vic: At this point I don't know if the Canadian/Transatlantic trip is possible...unfortunately for me (and Mrs Transatlantic Tom !!) 20 days is a little more time than we might be able to manage to get away BUT this voyage is one year away, and you never know......Actually, we're seriously thinking of trying to make the QE2's westbound transatlantic crossing in December.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Can I double check my understanding of the last few posts. Is the QM2 passing QE2 on the december crossing this year or the earlier posting about the Canadian Crossing in August next year? Hoping it is the 15 December crossing, as I am on that one and that would indeed be an extra treat! Gary

Archived