Taxi from Oia back to Fira

vtxriders

At this point, I think our plan is to take the boat to Oia upon arrival in September. I know the ticket includes a bus ride back, but after reading these boards, I’m pretty sure we don’t want to fight the crowds to catch the bus back. Not worth it.

Can anyone give an estimate of the availability and cost for a taxi back? While money is not really an issue, I’d like to be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bus starts in Oia. The taxi stand is immediately next to the bus stop. We walked up, saw the next bus was still about 25 minutes. There was a taxi sitting there. We jumped in the cab. It was 20 euros, but that was a number of years ago.

I would suggest you be as flexible. The line might be short. Maybe no line, depends on when you are attempting to return.

The bus starts in Oia. The taxi stand is immediately next to the bus stop. We walked up, saw the next bus was still about 25 minutes. There was a taxi sitting there. We jumped in the cab. It was 20 euros, but that was a number of years ago.

I would suggest you be as flexible. The line might be short. Maybe no line, depends on when you are attempting to return.

Agreed! Just want to be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums