pre-docs and docs

dmen131

When can I first expect to receive something from Cunard for our upcoming cruise? I am wondering when the excursion reservation form, pre-documents will arrive, the documents, and the cruise tickets. I have read about passenger registration forms that need to be faxed back before documents can come. Does it all come via the TA or directly through Cunard? At what point, should I get nervous and start bothering the TA?

Thank you!

Usually, the pre-docs are sent out 90 days before sailing.
That's somewhat right after the final payment is sent in.

And getting both, it depends on whether you booked with a TA, or directly with Cunard. TA: You should get the prelim right after final payment. Same with Cunard, but sometimes faster.

And the registration form is in the prelim book.
Just be sure to fill it out 6 weeks before sailing to ensure you get your tickets on time.

Ooops........

That reminds me, I should send in my reg form SOON!
Thanks for reminding me!

vic

>:-D

Make sure you check with your agent or Cunard if at all worried. I didn't realize there were preboarding documents until about 4 weeks before my cruise. My travel agent refuses to send out anything but the actual tickets which left me without any real information at all let alone the required forms. I finally got my prelim. documents today from Cunard who promised them overnight 2 weeks ago! Good Luck Joan

Thank you both.

Yes, our cruise is only slightly more than 6 weeks away and after calling my TA today was told also that they do not send anything out except the tickets. Hmmmnn. I am learning a lot this time around. Never have I had such TA issues. But anyway, I know there are guest registration forms on the Cunard site that I plan on sending in on Monday, but what else should I have gotten? I am not too worried about the excursions. We've been to these islands before and can take our chances signing up once on board or just doing it on our own.

I think the only things other than the shore excursions that you might miss are the formal night designations such as the black and white ball and the pirate ball on our cruise. As you said the guest registration forms are available on line. Out of curiosity was your TA a .com and if so what were their initials, just in case we had the same one. Joan

• 2 weeks later...
So first I called the TA. They told me they don't mail anything out but the tickets to save money, but that they'd email me to go to the Cunard site when I need to fill out the guest registration forms. They say, "Just sit back and wait."

So then I called Cunard and they told me they mailed the TA the pre docs back in the beg. of Oct. and they couldn't mail me the documents directly. They said my TA would have to call and ask for "generic" forms to be sent to me.

So I called the TA back. They said no they wouldn't do that since their policy is not to mail anything until 30 days prior to sailing--to wait until then, it will be fine.

So then I called Cunard back and spoke to someone who told me to just fill the registration forms from online and fax them in.

So I go to do that and the signature states that "I've read and agree with the terms outlined in the passage contract." Well, of course I've never seen a passage contract (in the pre-cruise docs I never received). So I haven't faxed the forms in.

Now, I am confused about what to do. Next week will be 30 days prior (guest registration forms say they should be mailed 6 weeks prior to sailing). However, I am not sure I will actually receive anything from the TA then. Time is running out.

I assume the passage contract is exactly like others I have signed (Princess, Celebrity, Crystal, etc.). Any advice on what to do? Should I wait at this point or just send back the form signed?

cruise junky joan--yes we have an "ONLINE" travel agent. and i am so frustrated with the lack of service. we had to beg them (5 calls) up until the day the final payment was due to charge our credit card.

The one thing that does come with your pre-docs, if I remember correctly, is information about travel insurance. If you are traveling out of the country where you live, you should check to see if your medical insurance would cover you abroad. Most do not. If it does not, you need to get the travel insurance that covers medical emergencies and "repatriation" (I think that is a very funny term) of your remains, if you should die. Cunard's also covers flying in a family member to act as a companion should you be hospitalized for any serious reason in another country.

And just because you are on a ship, don't count on the ship's doctor handing all of your ailments. If you have a heart attack or stroke or something else major, they will off-load you at the nearest port where you will be sent to a hospital. Travel insurance would cover your hospitalization and evacuation back to your home country by medical jet or whatever.

Anyway, no one wants to be ill or have an accident while on vacation, but this type of travel insurance is well-worth it just in case.

Thank you all.

I called Cunard again and they are faxing me the contract (only). So I will fax in the guest forms right away.

That is a good point about the insurance, but we bought it from a separate provider and have that information.

Thank you again. And Happy Thanksgiving (a few hours early).

A word of caution, just because you fax the info to the number given, don't assume they will post it. We've faxed it twice, first time on 8 Nov. Called a week later, told they didn't get it, wasn't posted. Tried again on the 16th, called yesterday, the 23rd, same story. The lady did say they would take it over the phone, but to give them until Friday the 26th as they were behind on the postings. Will try then and will probably end up giving the info over the phone. Will post what happens tomorrow evening.

At least one of the other cruise lines we have gone on has an online form to fill out and that works perfectly. Wonder if Cunard will figure out how to get to this century.

Archived