Serenity or Mystic Man catamaran trips?

LkGcruiser

Undecided on which one to go with. We are a group of eight adults, ages from 57-80 traveling at end of November. I've been in touch with both companies. For the same cost we can either do a private catamaran sail with Mystic that would just be the sail, snorkel and lunch. With Serenity we could be with as many as up to 40 other people but includes sail, land portion in Soufriere, lunch at plantation and snorkeling on return trip. Anyone done either of these trips that can weigh in on their experience or can suggest private vs large group?

In general smaller is always nicer than larger. That said we had a very negative experience with Mystic Man despite having read good reviews here on CC. The boat broke down, which I suppose can happen, but there was no communication from crew as to what was going on even though there was obviously a problem. Eventually they had to switch out a battery or motor. Again, no communication. Beyond that there was very little interaction with passengers, they played loud vulgar music inappropriate to our demographics which was similar to yours. It may have just been our boat and its crew but it was a pretty horrible experience. And lunch was box lunches picked up in Soufrieres I believe. Nothing like the home made spreads I have had on other catamarans.