QM2 Queens Grill

gingernut9999

I was on the 24th May – 5th June QM2 cruise around the Mediterranean. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a Queens Grill suite icon_smile.gif I am more than happy to answer questions anyone might have about the Queens Grill restaurant/our suite etc etc

[This message was edited by gingernut9999 on 06-08-04 at 06:37 AM.]

Yes, I have a BIG question!! icon_eek.gif

How did you get upgraded?!?!?! What category did you upgrade from? Did you pay for the upgrade, was it because you are a frequent Cunarder?? Inquiring minds want to know! A B5'er wants to know!

Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Bill

Bill

Costa Carla "C" - 1979

RCCL Rhapsody OTS - 1999

Century - August 23, 2003 - E. Caribbean

Queen Mary 2 - November 26, 2004

waiting ... and waiting ...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Hi,

We were originally booked in a P1 on QM2. I've heard various theories as to why people get upgraded (at no extra cost), but in our case i think it was because: 1. this was our 6th Cunard cruise in 6 years; 2. we had booked QM2 as soon as the brochures came out (2(?) years ago); and 3. we have already paid a deposit entitling us to pre-booking on what was to be Cunard's Queen Victoria (that ship now going to P&O of course).

We received the tickets for the cruise about 7 days before departure and then had a phone call from our travel agent a day later saying that we'd been upgraded and asking whether or not we'd like to accept the new room????! (errrr... yes!!! icon_biggrin.gif). Our new tickets arrived in the post the next day.

We were also upgraded last year on QE2 icon_smile.gif, again for the same reasons i guess (Cunard die-hards, booked over 1 year in advance, had already booked on QM2). Again that was an upgrade from a P grade to a Q grade.

Hope that helps!

/Donna

ps QM2 is huge and fantastic and all the other superlatives you've heard. I have a lot of praise and very few bad things to say about it. I'm sure you'll have a great time... Be sure to check out Todds (we went for lunch as we didn't want to miss out on a dinner in the queens grill), but book it on the first day to avoid disappointment.

2005 QE2 (Q grade room)(booked this week!)

2004 QM2 (Q grade room)(upgraded from P)

2003 QE2 (Q grade room)(upgraded from P)

2002 QE2 (C grade room)

2001 QE2 (C grade room)

2000 QE2 (C grade room)

1999 QE2 (M grade room)

Archived