mariner of the seas transfer help...

katrina1122

We will be flying into Orlando airport on Sat, the ship sails Sunday. RCCL offers a transfer service, but only to a few hotels near Disney World. We were hoping to stay in Port Canaveral so we'd be there and be able to sleep in a little later, and still be able to board fairly early. My dad needs a transfer with a wheelchair lift, there will be 4 of us, plus alot of luggage as he has to bring alot of medical equipment, though he's having some delivered by Care Vacations. My question then is there any other way to get to a hotel in Pt Canaveral? I know mears has a van lift shuttle but it goes directly to the port. I've seen some accessible van rental companies but they don't have drop off's at the port, only in Orlando. I don't think we could rent a large car and have us drive it as his manual chair would pretty much fill the trunk. Do car rental places rent accessible vans? Or are we just stuck with Rccl's shuttle service and outrageous rates to stay in Orlando? Thanks

Check with the airport shuttle services. They are required to provide wheelchair shuttles at the same price a regular shuttles. Most serve all local hotels.

HA Constitution 1986
NCL Skyward 1988
Crystal Harmony 1992
Dawn Princess 1994
HA Independence 1995
Celebrity Zenith 1997
Grand Princess 1999
Regal Princess 2000
Crystal Harmony 2000
HAL Ryndam 2001
HAL Statendam 2003
RCI Vision of the Seas 2003