Zuiderdam Cabin 8068 or 6108

bushwhacker

• 2 weeks later...

Have not been on these two ships, but have always found HAL responsive to specific questions. I would encourage you to contact the Access and Compliance department at 1-800-426-0327 ext. 4514 or e-mail HALW_Access@hollandamerica.com

For our first HAL cruise (Ryndam) we contacted them regarding specific bathroom layout info, and requested photos. Within 3 days they had obtained digital photos from the ship (which of course was at sea) and forwarded them to us.

You can get some information here as well:

http://www.access-able.com/dBase/cruise.cfm

HA Constitution 1986

NCL Skyward 1988

Crystal Harmony 1992

Dawn Princess 1994

HA Independence 1995

Celebrity Zenith 1997

Grand Princess 1999

Regal Princess 2000

Crystal Harmony 2000

HAL Ryndam 2001

HAL Statendam 2003

RCI Vision of the Seas 2003

HAL Ryndam 2004

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did write, and was told 2 lounges and a table. Wrong!

We've just returned, and found that it was better than that. Because of the odd shape of the balcony, there was usually a shady spot. There were 2 cushioned chairs, 2 smaller chairs without cushions, and 2 foot rests. One large, round table for dining, and one small round table for drinks. The cushioned chairs were too deep for me, so we called guest relations and requested a lounge. In no time our cabin steward brought one of the cushioned wooden deck lounges and removed one of the cushioned chairs! It was a very comfortable cabin and balcony. Couldn't have been better!

How was this cabin and ship otherwise? Can you give us a more complete report?

The latest issue of Cruise/Travel magazine has the Oosterdam as Ship of the Month. There's a photo of an SS cabin. Our cabin steward had told us that our cabin (handicap) was larger than the regular SS cabin. I didn't realize how much larger until I saw that photo! Plenty of room to tool around in your wheelchair. ;-) There's a ramp (built in?) under the carpet to the balcony door. The bathroom entry is level with the cabin, and the shower is HUGE, with a pull-down seat. What we did find strange is that both the toilet and waste basket are in the shower! Of course they both have lids - make sure they're closed before turning on the water! There's also a large tub. The cabin is very comfortable, roomy despite the fact that beside the big bed there's also a sofa bed. There are closets, drawers, and shelves galore, most of which stayed empty - and we bring a LOT of clothes (mostly mine)!

If you have any questions, please ask. As to the ship itself, I think you'll do better on the HAL board.

Have great cruising!

Bushwhacker

Archived