2 night cruise help.

asda

on a two night cruise what is the rule for dressing up, i know on the second night you need to, but what about the first night?

can you hire mens suit/tuxedo on board,?

how much do we tip on a two night cruise ?

do we carry our luggage on and off ship or do we have to hand them in?

and last question at bruges when you get off the ship does a shuttle bus take you to the port,

thanks. xxx

on a two night cruise what is the rule for dressing up, i know on the second night you need to, but what about the first night?

can you hire mens suit/tuxedo on board,?

how much do we tip on a two night cruise ?

do we carry our luggage on and off ship or do we have to hand them in?

and last question at bruges when you get off the ship does a shuttle bus take you to the port,

thanks. xxx

Don't think you can hire on P&O you have to buy one (go to Moss Bros. very reasonable).

about £1.50 pppn cabin steward and about £2.00 pppn for Waiter and asst waiter and the same for the wine waiter. But descretion usally

applies.

No to the luggage.

The shuttle bus goes to Blankenberge then its a train to Bruges. Or book a ship trip there.

What 2 nighter are you going on ? We're on Arcadia on the 16th for a 2 nighter.

Stitch x

thanks for that

we are aurora on bank holiday weekend 1st may.

One thing to remember on your next P&O Cruise,however long.

You will be Ruby Portunus members and wil have 5% off your total spend (subject to a couple of exclusions).

You should have a card and explanation of benefits a few weeks after you return home.

Hope you have a great time.

Carl

First night will be smart casual. I would opt for self disembarkation and carry off my luggage myself as you will get off earlier and will not have much luggage anyway for a two nighter.

on a two night cruise what is the rule for dressing up, i know on the second night you need to, but what about the first night?The first night is smart casual.

can you hire mens suit/tuxedo on board,? No.....none of the p&o ships hire out dinner suits/tux. But they can be purchased from the shop onboard the ship, but there is a limited number and they maynot have your size. Cheaper in m&s, or your local shops. If you have a SLATERS MENSWEAR near you do try there, they have a fantastic range of dinner suits and do free adjustments for wasit and leg at prices from £50 -£500.

If this is your first cruise, perhaps wear a normal lounge suit & tie, and if you like cruising, if you think you will go again then purchase a tux for a longer cruise?.

how much do we tip on a two night cruise ? £10 for steward and £10 for waiters is plenty. The steward doesn't do a lot on a 2n cruise except tidy bathroom and pull down and make bed twice.

do we carry our luggage on and off ship or do we have to hand them in? You can do either, porters are available, we usually have our cases put straight into ship, so we are handsfree when boarding and having lunch.

and last question at bruges when you get off the ship does a shuttle bus take you to the port, There is no free shuttle bus from the port of Zeebrugge to Bruges. As mentioned already, either get the free shuttlebus to the the station and get a train into Bruges or go for the easy option, get the 'pando coach in which takes you direct from outside the ship, drops you off in the park, you have a 10-15min guided walk into Bruges, spend 4 or so hours there and they take you back to the ship. We always do the afternoon trip - you can go in morning or afternoon. That way we don't have to get up too early after the 1st night onboard, we have a leisurly breakfast in the restaurant, explore the ship, then go to coach around 12.15

thanks. xxx

Hope the above info helps.

thank you all for your answers,

we have been on lots of cruises and have got all the correct clothing(tuxedos and cocktail dresses) but its the couple we are taking with us that dont , he hates dressing up but i have told him that he will look out of place if he doesnt. so i have asked these questions so i can show him the responses, i have told him to just get one of those cheap tuxedo suits from asda.

Ahhh, But I don't think Asda sell those cheap tux suits at this time of year? I think its only pre christmas time...

Maybe suits foryou? Or another shopping mall menswear shop, they sometimes offer a deal for tux, dress shirt and tie for £100... Otherwise a normal suit would be fine, and if he likes cruising and is going to try a longer when then buy a decent tux?

Hi, with regard to the tuxedo's, Matalan now sell them all year round. They look quite nice this year and are still very cheap (about £40 for the whole suit I think).

You old bargain hunter you. And they used to do nice luggage !

I wouldn't necessarily bother about a dinner suit/Tuxedo for a weekender if you don't have one, dark suit & tie will be fine.

Out of interest on the tipping thing, on Celebrity the expected level of tipping is about $12us /person/night so for our forthcoming 4 night cruise we will be expected to fork out about $100 + 15% on drinks....bit different isn't it!

Archived