QE2 Cabin 2126

tjc232000

My wife and I are sailing on QE2 14/11/04 - 15/12/04 South American Adventure. We currently have a P3 Reservation Cabin 3123 but have been offered an Upgrade to P2 Cabin 2126. Before accepting can anyone give me information on this cabin particularly in relation to noise/vibration and also is there a shower fitted over the bath tub. Many thanks for any help.

Derek

You should know that the area alongside your cabin may be used for luggage staging during embarkation and debarkation, so there may be additional noise associated with that. I don't think engine vibration will be a problem. The bank of elevators just steps away from your cabin are very convenient for getting up to the Lido and outside decks. From the diagram, it looks like 3123 has a connecting door to 3125, while 2126 has no connection. Other than the baggage issue, this is a quiet area. There must be some reason that a P2 is Ultra deluxe, while a P3 is only deluxe.

As a disclaimer, you should know that I am booked in 2130 for the December transatlantic immediately following you, and have previously been in 2103 where I had a connecting door, but it really wasn't a concern, and there was no vibration.

Thanks Signman for that information. We'll be on board for 31 days so a comfortably situated cabin is important. We're experienced cruisers, although this will be a first on QE2, and so we are aware of some of the pitfalls of being towards the aft of a ship - engine noise and vibration etc - so that was our concern for 2126 but I guess 2 Deck should be pretty well damped for those noises. Thanks again for your reply.

Derek

I have a QE2 detailed deck plan from 1982 that shows the placement of the beds, closets, furniture, and bathrooms in each cabin. In most cases, this has no changed over the years.

Both cabins you are considering are identical in layout. The bathroom is near the entrance door of the cabin; as you turn into the cabin there is a walk-in closet with a wardrobe across from it; then two beds with side tables; and a dresser that is the width of the cabin under the two portholes.

This 1982 diagram shows Cabin 2126 slightly smaller than 3123.

My wife and I stayed in Cabin 2136 for a Caribbean cruise roundtrip from New York and found it to be noisy when the ship was moving at high speeds. Also as a previous poster indicated, Cabin 2126 is where all the luggage is stacked before disembarkation which could make for a final noisy night on board or at other departure ports.

Being that both cabins will put you into the Princess or Britannia Grill, I would prefer your first choice of Cabin 3123 because of its more center location. We also stayed in Cabins 4149 and 4177 and did not hear the noise that we did in 2136.

I hope this helped you with your choice.

Bon Voyage!!

Terrence

Terrence, we're booked in cabin 2139 for the summer of 2005. (I like to plan ahead...)

Could you be so kind as to look at your '82 deck plan and give me an idea of the cabin layout, which appears to be very narrow. Cunard tells me that the cabin is 196 square feet, one of the largest in this category... Many thanks,

cabinclass

The 1982 QE2 deck plan indicates the following for Cabin 2139.

As you enter the cabin, the bathroom with shower stall is to the left. As you turn right into the cabin there are three wardrobes on your left. The cabin now gets wider with twin beds on the right with a bed table in between them. There is a small bureau next to the second bed along the wall and then another wardrobe. There is one porthole for your view of the world. Your cabin has a connecting door with Cabin 2133 up near the porthole wall.

The key advantages of your 195 square foot cabin is the fact that the beds are further into the cabin and away from the entrance door. This reduces noise from the hallway. Also there are four wardrobes which should give you plenty of space for hanging your gowns, etc. There usually is a safe in one of the closets. The small bed table and the bureau is also helpful for storage. Lots of luck with the shower stall, they are usually snug but do clean you.

You will also dine in the Caronia Restaurant which is a one sitting time for dinner at your reserved table.

My wife and I have sailed on the QE2 seven times since 1993 and love the ship.

Hope this helps you with your plans.

Bon Voyage..........Terrence

Terrence,

Thanks so much for the information. Really appreciate your taking the time to assist me...

Shower for us should be fine; I doubt it's any smaller than some other showers we have had in the past: Oceania/ Rennaissance comes immediately to mind...

We chose the cheapest Caronia accommodations so we could add a few days in London, yet still enjoy single seating dining, which for us is a must.

Again, many thanks, and smooth sailing.

Donald

• 2 months later...

Hi Terrence,

A while back you gave me a description of cabin 2139 on the QE2. Our plans have changed and we changed dates and itinerary. We are now booked in cabin 2123, cat C5, which has 3 lower berths, and 200 sq. ft. If possible, can you provide a description of this cabin? Many thanks!

Donald

Hi

I had 3123 for a 13-day crossing (NY-FLA-Azores-Lisbon-Havre-Sthmptn) in 2001 and I thought it was great!

Almost did not hear a peep the whole voyage ... except, once for 3 minutes we did here the older British couple in 3125 arguing (mostly yelling to each other "I'm not arguing!!!!") which did not bother us... we still laugh about it!

Michael

2123 has an ajoining door to 2121. As you enter 2123 you will be facing a solid wall. The bath is a U-turn to the right, shower only. All furnishings and wardrobes are to your left as you face the porthole. You will then find the alcove with 2 beds separated by a small chest of drawers. Then along a long narrow hallway are shown 3 wardrobes and a space adjacent to them which may be a chest. Then there is another chest near to the settee bed which is horizontal under the porthole.

Archived