Pullmantur may 11-18 baltic on empress

TEDDYBEAR1935

First time to cruise with pullmantur or cruise the baltic. A little concerned about visa for st. Petersburg. Any comments or suggestions. We are two usa citizens and one mexican. Not sure how best to use cruise critics really. Hope you can help me here also. How will most get to malmo?

Hi. We are taking the ship from Porto and then back to back from Malmo.Check out the section for roll calls on cruise critic. There are a few of discussing the cruise now. We have booked tours through SPB Tours in St Petersburg.They have been very helpful. If you book tours through a company they automatically organize the visa. If you choose not to do that then you have to organize your own visa otherwise you cannot go ashore.

To help you decide how to get to Malmo let us know which city you plan to fly into.

Mary

Teddybear, We are booked on this cruise....

Don't know if this can help you,,,but there is a Spanish site with about 40 people on the RC right now...

Will post the link on the next nessage in case it gets deleted and they are doing a great job organizing SP and Berlin

We are taking the train from CPH airport to Lund...a city near Malmo

Mary, please send me the link for this cruise on CC....Thanks

AJ

Farmered40,

Join the RC at the link below....you might meet others from your back yard on this cruise :cool:;););)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1740212&page=4

AJ

Hi Teddybear! I am also cruising on the Empress on May 11th.I was told thatiIf you book your tours through the ship, the VISA is taken care of for you.

I live close to Malmö, 40 minutes north of the city. The easiest way to get to Malmö is to fly to Copenhagen. Copenhagen Airport is actually much closer to Malmö than Malmö Airport is. From Copenhagen it's a short train ride over the bridge to Malmö where the port is very close to the train station. The ride takes about 20 minutes.

I recomend spending time in Copenhagen before and/or after the cruise. Trains are departing at least three times per hour between Copenhagen and Malmö. During rush hours it has more departures.

Hi Roxette. Thanks for the information. We will be disembarking on May 25th at Malmo and have booked a hotel at Copenhagen airport as we have an early flight the following day. Our thought was to go straight to the hotel from the port,drop off our luggage and then head back into Copenhagen for sight seeing. Is there a particular train that we should catch from Malmo to the airport? Are trains the best way to go back and forth to the airport? Thanks for any advice. We are so looking forward to seeing your part of the world. Mary

Hi Roxette. Thanks for the information. We will be disembarking on May 25th at Malmo and have booked a hotel at Copenhagen airport as we have an early flight the following day. Our thought was to go straight to the hotel from the port,drop off our luggage and then head back into Copenhagen for sight seeing. Is there a particular train that we should catch from Malmo to the airport? Are trains the best way to go back and forth to the airport? Thanks for any advice. We are so looking forward to seeing your part of the world. Mary

Hi Mary

The Empress is docking in Malmo at the Frihamnen port , pier m0602. I looked up the bus/train schedule on the "Skanetrafiken" website. http://www.skanetrafiken.se/templates/StartPage.aspx?id=16125&epslanguage=EN

and entered information about journey times in the Journey Planner. I will email you a pdf of the directions, and here is a synopsis for May 25, from Malmo Frihamnen to the airport (Kopenhamns Flygplats Kastrup)

purchase a RegularDuo /Family ticket for 189,00 kr (cheaper than 2 single ticket @ 105,00 kr each)

Take Bus 35 from Malmo Frihamnen Location B at 9:41 direction: Kvarny via Centralen

Arrive Malmo C (Centralen) location C at 9:45

Take Train Oresundstag 1039 from Malmo location 1b at 9:53 direction:Helsingor

arrive airport (Kopenhamns Flygplats Kastrup) location 2 at 10:14

Other departures from Malmo Frihamnen at 9:10; 10:11; 10:41. You will need to check train numbers for the other departures. 10:41 departure takes same length of time. 9:10 and 10:11 departures take 44 minutes.

To get from airport to Malmo - Frihamnen port, take the Orestad (OR) train from the airport to MAlmo Central station, then bus 35 from Central station to Malmo Frihamnen.

We are in Copenhagen from April 30- May 4, so we will take the train from downtown Copenhagen to Malmo.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on this cruise May 11 - 18, if you would like to go on an excursion with a group from the Spanish forum, you can get more information from Esperanza (Espe). Here is her email - mollejas20@hotmail.com She speaks English.

I am joining their group for a tour to Stockholm from Nynashamn. The tour will include admission tickets to Vasa Museum and the historic City Hall, plus bus transportation to and from Nynasham. You can opt out of either the museum or the City Hall if you wish. The cost will be approximately 64 EUR including the admissions (less if you do not want to tour the museum or city hall). The tour agency is Christina.

They are also doing a 2-day tour in St Petersburg, including typical Russian meals and a night tour of the bridges for 127 EUR. The tour agency is shore.ru.

Pat

• 10 months later...

malmo-tallin 10-17 May -Empress

Кто нибудь собираетса погулять по ст. петербургу без экскурсий?

с визой или без

какие планы на два дня

Edited by evgeny_a