Best Balconies in the MSC Orchestra

sandpiper35

Looking to book the MSC Orchestra for 2019 around the British Isles, and was wondering which cabins you would recommend.

Skier52, I know you are very experienced on MSC cruise ships, what is your commendation? I'm being offered something in the 12th floor.

How is the ship over all? Nice, average? dated?

Thanks.

Looking to book the MSC Orchestra for 2019 around the British Isles, and was wondering which cabins you would recommend.

Skier52, I know you are very experienced on MSC cruise ships, what is your commendation? I'm being offered something in the 12th floor.

How is the ship over all? Nice, average? dated?

Thanks.

If it is size that is your main desire then the aft cabins on decks 8 , 9 and 10 are the largest. you may get significant vibrations from the stern thrusters when docking. but saying that they have uninterrupted 180 degree views.

These are the cabins I would like to have.

They are a long way from the theatre so mobility can be an issue.

I would try and avoid deck 12 because of the possibility of overhead noise from the pool deck. There is an overhang of deck 13 as well which may limit the direct sun ,this could be good or bad depending on your likes with regards to sunbathing.

Deck 11 would be preferable.

Other areas to avoid are cabins within the nearest five to the recess wall as the wall limits the fields of view

eg :-the run of cabins11186,11188,11190, 11192,11198

I also try and steer clear of connected cabins because of potential noise issues eg 11190/11192 or 11186/11188.

The last time I was on the ship It was still very clean and bright and not at all dated.

It has one of the best theatres on any MSC ship

You can read my review on the link below

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=11371

in my view the best cabins are the suites on deck 15, there only 18 of them, and they are the most expensive cabins on the ship and come with the "Aurea" experience

one other consideration is port or starboard, if you are going anti clockwise I would suggest a port side cabin (odd numbers) for views of the coastline; starboard for clockwise

Hope this helps

Pete

Edited by Skier52