Mid-30s FT solo Mediterranean cruiser

callalee82

34/f from California. Planning my first solo Mediterranean cruise some time in April or May 2016. I'm currently checking out a couple of MSC's 7-day Mediterranean cruises- the Preziosa and Armonia.

Preziosa- Civitavecchia with stops in Palermo, Valletta, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Marseille, Genoa

Armonia- Civitavecchia with stops in Genoa, Marseille, Mahon, Cagliari, Valletta, Messina

Any solo cruisers (my age) who has travelled the same/similar routes with MSC or other cruise liner care to share their experience and advice? Especially with touring the port stops solo and in the least expensive way. Also, do these ships have events for solo cruisers?

Thank you so much in advance!

Are you Italian? Speak Italian? I would look at Spring Transatlantics on more American oriented ships like Princess and Celebrity which cater to American solos.Most even cheaper than one way air over.I have been especially well treated on Celebritys newer ships; Reflection and Silhoutte. Ask for a singles table when booking.Many ship photos here. You can switch to MSC or another Italian cruise once over there.

Edited by zoncom

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in my 30s as well and I wouldn't sail MSC. I've cruised Princess and NCL in the Med but they didn't go to the ports you mentioned but had a great time on both. NCL tends to have a younger crowd. be sure to join your roll call and you will likely find groups doing private tours.