Junkanoo Beach Freeport

Croozer101

Can you get a taxi from the ship if so is it the 5.00 fee? Or do you have to go to Laucaya first and grab another cab? what about coming back? The beach looks really nice mayber better than the public beach at Lucaya ? Since the Lucaya resort charges to go thru their resort can you go to the public beach by the police station and then walk up the beach towards Lucaya? or is that off limits ? Waht if you go to the public beach and go the opposite way to the right of Billy Joes is the beach nice up that way?

We went to this beach while on NCL SKy in April. We found random cab/van right near the ship. Don't remember the price though. The driver gave us her card and we made arrangments for her to get us at a certain time.

The beach was very nice and clean not very crowded. We paid $5 each for use of lounge chair and use of non motor water toys. We were all very happy with our visit there. They also had a bar with reasonable priced drinks. I believe you could have also gotten food too.

I'm trying to figyure this out too, how exactly to get there, seems like a little known spot, most folks will be at Our Lucaya, which is exactly why I want to go to this place :)

When we got off the ship there were tons of cabs/vans waiting to pick up people. We told them of the beach we wanted to go to and that was it. We had a group of 6 and was able to talk down the price. Unfortunatly I don't remember how much it was. We weren't pronouncing the name of beach right so she was a little confused but then she realized.

Have you been able to find their web site? Google it but make sure you put in search Freeport as there is a beach in Nassau with same name. Then you could print page out and give it to the driver.

Can you get a taxi from the ship

Yes.

if so is it the 5.00 fee?

It will be the private taxi rate of $22.00 unless there are others going there. If you fill the van, it will be $5.00 per person. If you contact Junkanoo Beach Club directly I believe they will pick you up for free.

Or do you have to go to Laucaya first and grab another cab? what about coming back?

No. You can go directly there and back, just pay for a taxi instead of a shared shuttle. $22.00 for 2 people each way.

The beach looks really nice mayber better than the public beach at Lucaya ? ?

It's a very nice beach - probably not better than Lucaya, but all the beaches from Lucaya east are very good, so don't worry about this.

Since the Lucaya resort charges to go thru their resort can you go to the public beach by the police station and then walk up the beach towards Lucaya? or is that off limits ? ?

Yes, you can use the public beach access by the police station for free. You just can't access the beach directly through the resort. Bring your beach towel, there are no chairs for rent.

Waht if you go to the public beach and go the opposite way to the right of Billy Joes is the beach nice up that way?

Yes, it is very nice. About 1 mile of white sand beach before you hit the canal.

Archived