No room number on DOCs?????

eandee

Yes, I've had them say GTY or whatever category guarantee you've booked. In fact, had one cruise where it was showing GTY on Celebrity's system right up to the time I left for the port -- found out our cabin number when we checked in.

If Celebrity thinks they may still need the flexibility, they can hold off assigning (or at least informing the guest of the assignment) of guarantees.

OOOHHH... Sounds like the upgrade fairy may be hovering....... Ya never know. You gotta play to win! You'll at least get what you paid for...(a fantastic cruise)... Whoa, there goes the upgrade fairy, flying by again... ENJOY!

Juan?

• 2 weeks later...
Upgrade my aunt Minnie! I do not like the guarantee plan and willl never do it again. I have never been upgraded in 14 cruises and uncounted air trips.

I can't beleive it! Celebrity gave us Sky Suite 1202 on Sky Deck with 12 days to go! The biggest balcony! They didn't notify us or the TA. I found out by going online to My Reservations.

Last week they us assigned us to the Penthouse deck with no room number, I was sad about that, wanted the balcony that is not completely covered and big enough for Chaise lounges. I realize there is less privacy but that's okay! We also will get sun sets all the way down & into Mexico now! Very romantic !

It took awhile and we already got our docs with only GTY on the luggage tags but now we are official!!!

Liz:D :D :p

Very cool! Glad to hear you got something you like!

I think the guarantees are the way to go -- you get at least the level you agree to, and have the chance to either end up upgraded or in a cabin type you may have never even known about. Though, for me, the cabin is almost irrelevant. They could book me into a crew cabin and I'd be fine, as long as I was on the ship and not stuck here in the dirt. I will be out and about most of the time anyway, and one of the aft decks is always a good place to be when at sea ;) Heck, if they'd offer the right rate, I'll bring a hammock and string it up somewhere below...

Sounds like you'll be enjoying your cruise! :D

Very cool! Glad to hear you got something you like!

I think the guarantees are the way to go -- you get at least the level you agree to, and have the chance to either end up upgraded or in a cabin type you may have never even known about. Though, for me, the cabin is almost irrelevant. They could book me into a crew cabin and I'd be fine, as long as I was on the ship and not stuck here in the dirt. I will be out and about most of the time anyway, and one of the aft decks is always a good place to be when at sea ;) Heck, if they'd offer the right rate, I'll bring a hammock and string it up somewhere below...

Sounds like you'll be enjoying your cruise! :D

Thanks! Hopefully not as exciting as some of your cruises based on the pics!

Just very relaxing is what we want!

Liz

That's the beauty of a cruise... you can make it as exciting or relaxing as you want, in most instances.

Me, I grew up on and around the water, in a town with a good sized commercial port. Add to that the fact that I have always loved learning how things work "behind the scenes" or in unusual circumstances, and it was a natural that I went to observe when the Captain announced on the PA that the ship was diverting to meet the Coast Guard on my last cruise. Of course, I also could have simply stayed in the lounge chair watching the wake. To me, a cruise is about the ship and the water -- for others, it's about spas, beaches and such... it's all good :D (I'm not crazy about balconies, mainly because they tend to reduce aft and side deck areas, but can understand that many folk like them.)

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Archived