Norwegian Jewel Vlog

So_Tweetie

Hey everyone,

I have started to upload the vlogs from our first Norwegian cruise, a 5 day California Coast route on the Jewel from Los Angeles to Vancouver, BC. Part 1 shows our travel from Seattle, overnight in Long Beach at Hotel Maya (highly recommend), embarkation day and dinner at Cagney's. I will share links as the next parts are posted. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Hey everyone,

I have started to upload the vlogs from our first Norwegian cruise, a 5 day California Coast route on the Jewel from Los Angeles to Vancouver, BC. Part 1 shows our travel from Seattle, overnight in Long Beach at Hotel Maya (highly recommend), embarkation day and dinner at Cagney's. I will share links as the next parts are posted. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Enjoyed day 1.....thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Part 2:

San Francisco, dinner at Moderno, sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge, a Norwegian Night Out and late night dining at O'Sheehans.

Have you had dinner at Moderno, and was your experience any better than ours? I was completely shocked, it was not acceptable. We had our button flipped to green the whole time but there were no servers going around with any meat to offer.

Part 3 coming before Monday! Thank you for watching and sharing any thoughts or commentary from your own experiences.

Did you get eyelash extensions for your cruise? I always do! That way I wake up pretty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I do have lash extensions! That way I can go swimming and sleep without worrying about getting black under my eyes. It has gotten windy enough that I fear they will blow off, but so far so good! :')

Part 2:

San Francisco, dinner at Moderno, sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge, a Norwegian Night Out and late night dining at O'Sheehans.

Have you had dinner at Moderno, and was your experience any better than ours? I was completely shocked, it was not acceptable. We had our button flipped to green the whole time but there were no servers going around with any meat to offer.

Part 3 coming before Monday! Thank you for watching and sharing any thoughts or commentary from your own experiences.

We have eaten at Moderno several times on different ships. We got so much meat, we could hardly eat it all. Something must have been going on, maybe the staff was out taking Golden Gate Bridge photos. Sorry you had just a poor time, but do try again next time. The lamb is great!

We have eaten at Moderno several times on different ships. We got so much meat, we could hardly eat it all. Something must have been going on, maybe the staff was out taking Golden Gate Bridge photos. Sorry you had just a poor time, but do try again next time. The lamb is great!

That is great to know, we will be back on the Jewel next month and I will give Moderno another shot. Thank you!

Excellent preview! I just added motion sickness pills to my list....have never needed them but just in case[emoji846]I'm on the Oct 3rd cruise with you...I'm also happy to hear about the coffee maker in the room!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't remember if this was in the Vlog, but there are only coffee makers in balcony cabins and higher - suites have a fancier coffee maker.

Loved this preview of the Jewel, my favorite NCL ship. Looking forward to meeting you onboard on 10/3 on our way to Hawaii.

Margi

I look forward to meeting you as well, boarding day will be here before we know it! I did enjoy the Jewel quite a lot - especially the late night dining in O'sheehan's which I think they execute perfectly.

Excellent preview! I just added motion sickness pills to my list....have never needed them but just in case[emoji846]I'm on the Oct 3rd cruise with you...I'm also happy to hear about the coffee maker in the room!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome, we are going to have a blast in Hawaii!

Don't remember if this was in the Vlog, but there are only coffee makers in balcony cabins and higher - suites have a fancier coffee maker.

I didn't know that, thank you for sharing! That will be an important factor for me in the future when choosing cabins.

Part 4:

The final day onboard, free cruise raffle, the bridge viewing room, and disembarkation day. Finished with this set of vlogs just in time for us to board the Jewel in 5 days, heading to Hawaii! We were able to use NCL's bidding system to upgrade from a balcony to a penthouse on our upcoming cruise, so looking forward to sharing that experience!