Photos Of Qm2 Glass Floor On Deck Seven

Terrence Richards

This photo was taken from Deck Two in the Grand Lobby looking directly up to Deck Seven and the glass floor. It was taken in September of 2004, on the Canada/New England first visit cruise of the QM2.

On either side as you look up, the windows of the inside staterooms on Decks Four, Five, and Six can be seen.

There is a Thread on the Boards about the glass floor. I am making a new entry to catch the attention of those who responded to the previous thread.

Terrence

sc0001df15.jpg.e9e3e2406f2d8920ddb6efab79d4e90a.jpg

This photo was taken from Deck Two in the Grand Lobby looking directly up to Deck Seven and the glass floor. It was taken in September of 2004, on the Canada/New England first visit cruise of the QM2.

On either side as you look up, the windows of the inside staterooms on Decks Four, Five, and Six can be seen.

There is a Thread on the Boards about the glass floor. I am making a new entry to catch the attention of those who responded to the previous thread.

Terrence

At the risk of being deemed irrelevant:

Sir,

Are you looking up my skirt? Isn't that what patent leather dress shoes were invented for??

This photo of my beautiful wife is taken on the walkway between the glass flooring on Deck Seven. The walkway went from one side of Kings Court to the other side. This also was during our September 2004, first visit cruise of the QM2 to Canada/New England.

Notice the railings that separate the walkway from the glass flooring. I took the photo in an area between the two tubular elevators that take you from Deck Two and Three in the Grand Lobby to Deck Seven in Kings Court.

In the Thread that is on this Board about the QM2 glass floor, it was written by a CC member that they were at the Purser's Office when glass fell into the Grand Lobby. I would like to know if a large or small portion came down and how it happened. Someone else wrote on this Thread that a someone fell through the glass. Is that true?

The attached photo shows that passengers did not walk on the glass floor as they passed from one side of the Kings Court to the other. Did someone jump over the railings?

Terrence

sc000202b2.jpg.aa6d7a12ace206dd988e4e521f375673.jpg

This photo of my beautiful wife is taken on the walkway between the glass flooring on Deck Seven. The walkway went from one side of Kings Court to the other side. This also was during our September 2004, first visit cruise of the QM2 to Canada/New England.

Notice the railings that separate the walkway from the glass flooring. I took the photo in an area between the two tubular elevators that take you from Deck Two and Three in the Grand Lobby to Deck Seven in Kings Court.

In the Thread that is on this Board about the QM2 glass floor, it was written by a CC member that they were at the Purser's Office when glass fell into the Grand Lobby. I would like to know if a large or small portion came down and how it happened. Someone else wrote on this Thread that a someone fell through the glass. Is that true?

The attached photo shows that passengers did not walk on the glass floor as they passed from one side of the Kings Court to the other. Did someone jump over the railings?

Terrence

Sir:

Your wife is, as you say, beautiful! Wishing you many happy years together. Now, as to the glass floors (see, I am trying to keep on topic) it was reported on these here boards (no, I am not from the South - just liked the sound of that phrase) that the floors did collapse and someone fell through, but as your photo shows, one would have to gone to quite a effort to have done so (whew, that was a tongue twister of plu-perfect - don't even try that in French, much less Flemish!). And such imbecile would have been assuming personal liability for having engaged is such silly behavior. Nonetheless, the floors are gone (well, they are still there, just not glass). One has to wonder why such an interesting design detail was eliminated but for some tort-related issue...??

Archived