Question about the cancelled 11/1/08 10 night cruise

Mike2131

Has anyone (or perhaps everyone besides me) received an off-setting refund and the voucher for 10% of the cruise price? It was cancelled due to the upcoming drydock during that period. The deposit hit my credit card bill and I disputed the charge since the cruise (and our reservation) had already been cancelled by Cunard. Word was that it would hit in 1-2 billing cycles but nothing yet. Our TA has not gotten any further information.

We are looking to book a replacement sailing, but don't want to do so until this one is resolved.

As far as the 10%, I found it when I booked my client on another cruise the same day as his previously booked sailing was cancelled. That's how we found out about the cancellation in the first place. He hasn't said anything to me about not receiving his deposit back to his credit card, so I would assume he has received his deposit back.

I would have to say that among all the cruiselines, Cunard refunds credit cards quite rapidly, usually in about three days time.

Perhaps your disputing the charge with your credit card company threw a moneky wrench into the works.

As far as the 10%, I found it when I booked my client on another cruise the same day as his previously booked sailing was cancelled. That's how we found out about the cancellation in the first place. He hasn't said anything to me about not receiving his deposit back to his credit card, so I would assume he has received his deposit back.

I would have to say that among all the cruiselines, Cunard refunds credit cards quite rapidly, usually in about three days time.

Perhaps your disputing the charge with your credit card company threw a moneky wrench into the works.

The first post went into cyber limbo. I just did not see the sense in paying a deposit for a cruise that Cunard had already cancelled - and then waiting for them to refund it. I guess we'll see.

Thanks again.

Archived