New MSC Melody review posted

Capricruiser

The review of the second half of my B2B Melody Mediterranean cruise in May has now been posted: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=85902.

I would take with the proverbial grain of salt both those posts or reviews with *****+ stars as well as those with one *. The former poster or reviewer may be so passionately happy with their cruise that they can't see the forest for the trees, because I think it's almost impossible for a cruise to be absolutely perfect.

So, we shall heed your advice with salt shaker at hand!

I call them as I see them - or in this case, as I taste them. Italian food on an Italian ship should taste the same as it does in Italy; that's always been my point.

P.s. Regarding the stars, I said I don't give much credence to the 5+ reviews. The 4 and 5 I think are submitted by members who generally enjoyed their cruise, including the itinerary which in my case was wonderful (in my opinion).

loved reading your review she sounds nice even now. my 1st cruise on her was 1997 when she was purchased. boareded her in durban the best cruise at 22nts. i am going on her in feb 2012 cape town to genoa am really looking forward to it. interesting about the porthole opening i noticed this on my cruise in 97. i had b017 which now seems to be a crew cabin i have b019 on bahaMAS deck. i had to close it when the water started coming in what a shame. you mentioned smoking do thjey allow smokming in cabins?

dave

loved reading your review she sounds nice even now. my 1st cruise on her was 1997 when she was purchased. boareded her in durban the best cruise at 22nts. i am going on her in feb 2012 cape town to genoa am really looking forward to it. interesting about the porthole opening i noticed this on my cruise in 97. i had b017 which now seems to be a crew cabin i have b019 on bahaMAS deck. i had to close it when the water started coming in what a shame. you mentioned smoking do thjey allow smokming in cabins?

dave

The Bahamas deck is too low, almost at water's edge. I was three decks higher. Try for at least Deck 4. I think most smoking passengers respect the "smoking highly discouraged in cabins" signs and go up on deck. I never smelled tobacco smoke in the cabin corridors.

Sure it has a buffet, actually two of them - they're both on the pool deck at the front of the ship, one on the port side, the other on the starboard. Both sides are open for breakfast and lunch and one is open for the evening buffet. Of course the MDR is much nicer, at least for lunch and dinner.

Sure it has a buffet, actually two of them - they're both on the pool deck at the front of the ship, one on the port side, the other on the starboard. Both sides are open for breakfast and lunch and one is open for the evening buffet. Of course the MDR is much nicer, at least for lunch and dinner.

Thanks Capricruiser :)

I was looking at the Melody deck plan and I didn't see the buffet, so I started wondering.

Do you know if they also now have the pizzeria open often, the good one that serves pizza napoletana?

Thanks Capricruiser :)

I was looking at the Melody deck plan and I didn't see the buffet, so I started wondering.

Do you know if they also now have the pizzeria open often, the good one that serves pizza napoletana?

There's no pizzeria on the Melody but they have several different pizzas by the slice in the buffet every day. For pizza Napoletana it's best you wait for the next time you're in the Naples area! I'm spoiled!

There's no pizzeria on the Melody but they have several different pizzas by the slice in the buffet every day. For pizza Napoletana it's best you wait for the next time you're in the Naples area! I'm spoiled!

Grazie Capri!

Will any of the Napoli pizzerias deliver pizzas to you on the ferry ;)

Archived