Deluxe drink package. BOGOHO

Dearley09

Just another fake sale.

Exactly...I spent a good half hour over the wknd on the phone w customer service requesting an explanation of "the 3 day sale". It ended w her agreeing w me that it was basically false advertising. She said the email I rec'd "did not apply to my booking"? I knew it was too good to be true, as the deluxe bev pkg was already on sale for $43 per day.

I was on the phone with them as well, first of all didn’t apply to my booking, even though the 50% off was a banner right on the package in my cruise planner - finally admitted that I had already gotten the same price earlier - they could cancel and rebook the package, but it would be the same price....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been watching as well and price was around C$69 a day on my planner and I paid C$56. So in this one isolated case, on my booking at least, it was a sale. But I agree generally it isn’t.

Friends booked on the same cruise did not get email and price in their planner was not discounted. I should be mystified, but it’s RC so I’m not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

I just off the phone with them as well, the woman said that our drink package, regular price, would be $584 per person for the length of the cruise, but that with the BOGO 50% off would be $477 per person.

With their "25% off per person", it's actually only 18% off.

I pointed this out to the woman (she did really think I'd be dumb enough to not be sitting there with a calculator??) and her response was, "well, yeah". And that was it.

I lit into her for false advertising and corporate is going to be receiving an email from me. I can almost guarantee you I won't be cruising RCL again after this. No matter how much fun we have, which I am sure we will, I will not give another dime to a dishonest company. Disney may cost twice as much, but at least they're honest about it.

Edited by heehee611

But it's not what the ad says... even when you read the fine print, it says they take 25% off per person, but the price they gave me was only 18% off. That IS false advertising.

It's not really false advertising, you get what the ad says. It just ends up being the same "best" possible price.......

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

But it's not what the ad says... even when you read the fine print, it says they take 25% off per person, but the price they gave me was only 18% off. That IS false advertising.

They are taking 25% off some price they are pulling out of thin air (or some other place). They never say they are taking 25% off the previous price. I think deceptive is a better description to pretty much all the pricing schemes that Royal uses.

No, she told me that the price they were using to calculate the discount was $55 a night and that my price was 25% off of that. And it isn't. And when I called her out on it, she had no response.

They are taking 25% off some price they are pulling out of thin air (or some other place). They never say they are taking 25% off the previous price. I think deceptive is a better description to pretty much all the pricing schemes that Royal uses.

No, she told me that the price they were using to calculate the discount was $55 a night and that my price was 25% off of that. And it isn't. And when I called her out on it, she had no response.

It is not uncommon for the customer service reps to have incorrect information.

Which ship are you cruising on? It is not uncommon for the price to be $60 or $65 on the newer ships.