Anyone done Kayaking/Lobster Bake in Saint John, NB?

Thinking of doing the one offered by the cruise lines and looking for some feedback.

Thanks

I can't offer feedback - but I can say that if you are a budget conscious traveller, you can rent a car and book your kayaking / lobster bake on your own here : http://www.rivervalleyadventures.com/sea_kayaking_tours.htm

For example, it's only $125 per couple - I'm sure the ship is charging a premium. Worth considering anyhow.

I can't offer feedback - but I can say that if you are a budget conscious traveller, you can rent a car and book your kayaking / lobster bake on your own here : http://www.rivervalleyadventures.com/sea_kayaking_tours.htm

For example, it's only $125 per couple - I'm sure the ship is charging a premium. Worth considering anyhow.

Acey, thanks for the info...We are only in port from 11-5. The tour with the lobster bake shows 5 hours. I'm not sure we want to kill the time renting a car and then having to stress about returning the car and getting back on time. Do you know if all these tours leave from St Martin? Isn't that about an hour away?

Thanks so much,

Acey, thanks for the info...We are only in port from 11-5. The tour with the lobster bake shows 5 hours. I'm not sure we want to kill the time renting a car and then having to stress about returning the car and getting back on time. Do you know if all these tours leave from St Martin? Isn't that about an hour away?

Thanks so much,

Yes St. Martin's is the where the kayaking tours leave from. It is approx. 50 minutes away.

We're also looking for some kayaking here. Since we're only in the port from 11-5, it would have to be a shorter one (no lobster bake is fine with me) and relatively close to the pier.

I found some kayaking for hubby & me in Bar Harbor, Maine, but realized that this is also where I wanted to do the whale watching....so now scrambling to find somewhere else to kayak! Any information would be helfpful! Thanks!

We're also looking for some kayaking here. Since we're only in the port from 11-5, it would have to be a shorter one (no lobster bake is fine with me) and relatively close to the pier.

I found some kayaking for hubby & me in Bar Harbor, Maine, but realized that this is also where I wanted to do the whale watching....so now scrambling to find somewhere else to kayak! Any information would be helfpful! Thanks!

Jessica, I actually found out about this tour through the cruise line from KelJ on your sailing. She is doing it and so are we. Normally, I don't book through the cruise line, but in this case because we are in port for such a short time, I feel it is the prudent choice. There are companies out of St. Martin where you can book direct, however then you have to make your own transportation arrangements, and I felt the port time was to0 short to go and rent a car. I don't think there are any places right near the cruise ship docks to go kayaking.

We did the kayak / lobster bake on our cruise last year... my recommendation is DO IT!!!!! We had a blast... my husband went with my 8 year old and I went with my 13 year old. It is so fun - it's beautiful there.

We booked through the ship, and yes it was a little pricey. But knowing that the bus was taking us back on time was worth it. I would not want to be stranded and watch as my ship sailed away without me!!

The lobster lunch was incredible!!! You will have such great memories of your excursion... go for it!!

We did the kayak / lobster bake on our cruise last year... my recommendation is DO IT!!!!! We had a blast... my husband went with my 8 year old and I went with my 13 year old. It is so fun - it's beautiful there.

We booked through the ship, and yes it was a little pricey. But knowing that the bus was taking us back on time was worth it. I would not want to be stranded and watch as my ship sailed away without me!!

The lobster lunch was incredible!!! You will have such great memories of your excursion... go for it!!

That is so great to hear. We are looking forward to making great family memories:)

Archived