Boston - best way to get to Duck Tours?

belle626

We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess on August 24th. One of the stops is Boston. We would like to do the Duck Tour on our own, but was wondering the best way to get to the starting point. any suggestions? thanks!

We bought our tickets at Fanueil Hall and then took the T to the duck tour at the Museum of Science. There was always someone to ask at the T about which way to go, etc., and it was only a few stops from the Government Center T stop to the Museum of Science.

Just make sure if you buy them at Fanueil Hall, that you look at the ticket to see where your tour departs from. Our tickets said PRUDENTIAL CENTER, but the girl working at Fanueil Hall sent us to the Museum of Science.... Just double check that.

Hi..my husband and I are also doing the Duck Tour in Boston, except we booked it with Princess. Does anyone know if we will be met by Princess people and taken to the tour or do we have to get there ourselves?

Hi..my husband and I are also doing the Duck Tour in Boston, except we booked it with Princess. Does anyone know if we will be met by Princess people and taken to the tour or do we have to get there ourselves?

Whenever we booked a tour through Princess, they always met you on the dock. We had booked this through Princess, but decided to cancel and do it on our own. Once I did a little research, we decided the cost was too high through the Princess. Although, I guess you are paying for convenience with Princess.

• 2 weeks later...
most people take the "T" to the pru and do the tour from there.

We'll be on the NCL Dawn in Boston on 9/5. We want to do the Duck Tour on our own and are trying to figure out if it's best to depart from the Prudential Ctr. or the Museum of Science.

How far is either from where the ship docks? Is it very expensive to get a cab? If we use the T, how far is it from the cruise ship terminal - can we walk? What lines should we use? Thanks for any info.

We'll be on the NCL Dawn in Boston on 9/5. We want to do the Duck Tour on our own and are trying to figure out if it's best to depart from the Prudential Ctr. or the Museum of Science.

How far is either from where the ship docks? Is it very expensive to get a cab? If we use the T, how far is it from the cruise ship terminal - can we walk? What lines should we use? Thanks for any info.

The cruise docks at Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in south boston. From there, it is about a 3.5 mile drive to either the Science Museum or the Prudential center, so a cab is probably about $15 to either one.

By public transportation you would take the Silver Line bus to South Station, then change for the Red Line subway to Park Street and switch to the Green Line. From there, the Science museum is in one direction and the Prudential center in the other. So again, it is a toss-up.

I'd say it depends on what else you want to see. If you want to see the Science Museum, as a destination, then of course start from there. If you want to see Back Bay, Newbury Street, Copley Square, etc., or see the view from the Top of the Hub, then start from the Prudential.

The cruise docks at Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in south boston. From there, it is about a 3.5 mile drive to either the Science Museum or the Prudential center, so a cab is probably about $15 to either one.

By public transportation you would take the Silver Line bus to South Station, then change for the Red Line subway to Park Street and switch to the Green Line. From there, the Science museum is in one direction and the Prudential center in the other. So again, it is a toss-up.

I'd say it depends on what else you want to see. If you want to see the Science Museum, as a destination, then of course start from there. If you want to see Back Bay, Newbury Street, Copley Square, etc., or see the view from the Top of the Hub, then start from the Prudential.

AS a Boston person i grew up on the Green line. I would just walk from park Street if you are a walker. or walk back from the "pru". I did and walked down to Quincy market for lunch. But I love to walk and see s stores and watch the people.

Since we are talking street car lines another thought is after your Duck tour hop onto the "T" and go to the kennedy Library.

Boston is a great city to see and do anything..

The T to the pru? Excuse me?

"T" - The Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority, or MBTA

"Pru" - The Prudential Center

A few others:

Southie - South Boston

Tonic - any carbonated soft drink

Cabinet (principally in Rhode Island) - milk shake

Grinder (also RI term) - sub or Italian sandwich

Carriage - shopping cart, especially in a supermarket

And, up here in NH and VT, "flatlander" - anybody, including me, who wasn't born up here

Feel free to add to the list - I'm sure there are a lot I have forgotten.

Bob

The duck tour leaves from 2 places, the Prudential Center and the Museum of Science. Both are on the subway (T), the green line. E line outbound for Duck Tour (the train says Lechemere), stopping at Science Park. I prefer that tour (I live here). It's a nice spot to start--scenic, as opposed to where the Pru is. Plus, at the end you can go to the Liberty Hotel for a drink (a former jail--it's really cool) or wander around Beacon Hill.

Archived