Royal Clipper- January 29, 2005

dogandcat

Here I am! Yes, we are sailing on Royal Clipper 1/22 and 1/29. We've sailed on Star Flyer in Thailand, and are scheduled for her crossing in the Fall -- Athens to Phuket (but I expect there will be some changes due to the recent tragedy in the Indian Ocean).

Do you want to try to meet onboard? I will be the one at the bar with a glass of wine in one hand, and a cigarette in the other. Now that you know my bad habits, feel free to ignore this post -- and me -- I won't be offended!

Hi- We got our docs the other day and we are all set to go. We are doing back to back cruises and I am looking forward to meeting you on 1/29 for details on the Windward Islands ports of call which you will have completed on the day we join you. We were on the Royal Clipper in February, 2003 and loved the ship.

Gosh -- we have not yet gotten our docs. I guess I better follow up! I will be glad to tell you about ports we may have visited -- but I think the operative word is "may." I understand the ports of call as listed in the brochure are "guestimates" at best. We have been to the Caribbean quite a few times so are not concerned about specific islands. Don't worry -- the specific Caribbean islands are not nearly as important as the overall experience you will have on a Star Clipper ship. I think the important thing on this kind of cruise line is to be flexible!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys- We'll be at our first port of call (on the Grenadines itinerary) in 2 weeks from today!! Mp will have been on the ship for a week already. Let's look for each other at the Captain's cocktail party or Captain's dinner. I am tall with short light brown hair. I will be wearing a black print ankle length dress with Greek key jewelery. My husband will be wearing a yellow dress shirt with a Celtic design tie and navy pants. He wears glasses and is also 6' tall. If all of us don't meet each other that night, you will find us on the upper deck most of the time (walking or hanging out). I will be wearing a large beige Tilley type hat with Australia written on the brim or a white golf visor with Kapalua written on it. My husband will wear a navy and red baseball type hat with a big C on the front and Cornell written on the band on the back.

Archived